The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help in Eugene, looking for GOOD mechanic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r6speed

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2006
Eugene, Oregon
I need a mecahnic that knows DSM's somewhere around the Eugene area. I would rather not trailer the car all the way to English racing.

I need a mecahnice with good testers...including coolant pressure tester, compression tester, and most importantly a good leak down tester.
The car has been sitting for years and now I have oil in my coolant...

if anyone knows a good dsm mechanic around Eugene thats willing to do all the tests I want BEFORE rebuilding than let me know please! I'm not looking for the mechanic that tells me we have to rebuild as soon as he hears there is oil in the coolant...
cause a good dsm mechanic knows there are a few ways that can happen with these cars and doesn't always mean rebuild. Most likely, yes it needs headgasket, but I want to be 100% sure. And if it needs rebuilt I'm hoping to find someone reasonable that will do it with MY parts (OEM)

Still in need!

"I need a mechanic with good testers...including coolant pressure tester, compression tester, and most importantly a good leak down tester.
The car has been sitting for years and now I have oil in my coolant..."

try getting ahold of James at JW sportcars. I think he has everything your looking for but im not 100% sure. he is in Albany but i have gone through him before and he is a really good guy. no BS with him.

if you get ahold of him tell him David from Salem refered him to you. if you cant find him online let me know i can get you his number.

Most of the time on a DSM oil in coolant is the oil cooler that has been crushed from a over tightened oil filter. I have seen a few HG leak oil into the coolant.

We are about 3hr away.

EnglishRacing.net
360-210-7484

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back