1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

NEED HELP IN CHAMPAIGN!!!!

Posted by Twizted99GSX, Apr 8, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Twizted99GSX

Twizted99GSX Proven Member

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    hello all... I recently rebuilt my car a 99 GSX eclipse AWD Turbo.. I am having major Wiring Harness Issues.. the person who was helping me no longer is local and took the book he labeled stuff with and I have no idea how to fix this issue.. I was wondering if anyone was local that could come check out an possibly help out if its not to big of an issue.. I was thinking of buying a new harness if need be but this one is still ok looking but a few wires are melted in aresas and new connectors might be needed... but in major need of help.. I don't want let it sit after all that work.... any assistance would be appreciated.. I could pay some money but nothing crazy... Need help from DSM community... Thanks again.. Label Email responses Champaign Help... please

Street Build 1K  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 463  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    In Illinois. You might want to try the regional forums here on tuners. I know more than a few folks are down that way and might be willing to help.

4K  18  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM
  3. buddahboost

buddahboost Proven Member

Joined Aug 15, 2007
    CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Illinois
    What's the issue specifically? Were you doing a wire tuck?

Have you gone and sorted out what you can connect at least?

@dacowgod has 2G harnesses I believe if you think yours is done for

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Champaign illinois? I'm a couple hours away.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  5. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    BastardDSM knows what's up. You could (and sounds like did) do a lot worse for a mentor.

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. Twizted99GSX

Twizted99GSX Proven Member

Joined Oct 12, 2014
    Champaign, Illinois
    i am sorry I got busy with work this summer and was working 6 days a week 10 hr days bleh but I still need help I thank anyone for that help ill be emailing a few people to see if that help is still avail.. thanks again.. I tried to do some mods and those didn't go through so I am back to square one on a few things.. but my harness has been melted in a few spots from the turbo not havning a blanket or any heat wrap along with a fan.. a few wires were spliced into and there is exposed wires from when the guy who was helping me didn't finish what he was doing.. I was thinking of buying a New Wire harness... Whether someones non molested good condition harness or buying this...

http://www.ohm-racing.com/product/stage-3-mil-spec-fuse-box-harness-95-99-eclipse-2g

I just don't want to have problems with 20 yr old harness that's been molested over the years... but if mine is good enough to a while longer than great...
    I have looked for performance shops around here and no luck with someone confident enough to do the job...
    I even emailed Boostin Performance and they have yet to respond back so idk if they can help either..
    I looked on Youtube for Help as well and nothing good enough..

Thanks again..

Street Build 1K  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 463  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM