The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

need help identifying part

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm4bk

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
OntarioCanada
I hear a loud "click, click, click" noise from this part (its circled in the pic) and bolts to the firewall: http://images.ofoto.com/photos568/1/90/61/7/3/2/203076190105_0_ALB.jpg

it happens off and on, and mostly after I rev the car at idle to listen for it, when it clicks the car runs shitty (sounds like its running slower). What is that part and why do you think its clicking (its sounds almost like the noise that injectors make, but while it clicks I can feel it through the connector thats going into that thing.

TIA

Find another host, I am getting the FORBIDDEN page.:)

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /photos568/1/90/61/7/3/2/203076190105_0_ALB.jpg on this server.

I think this is the end of free image hosting, I used to use imagestation (now it doesn't work) and somebody told me to use ofoto when I asked which one worked.

Anybody know of one that works?

The part that I need to know about is bolted to the firewall, and its the first thing bolted to the firewall to the left of the brake fluid cannister.

Oh, I just tried that link and it worked, so heres the link again:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos568/1/90/61/7/3/2/203076190105_0_ALB.jpg

ok thanks for that link, it says its the fuel pressure solenoid.

####, I checked it and its not the fuel pressure solenoid like dave99gst said, anybody know WTF it is? Its got two tubes going out of it to somewhere under the intake mani (near the throttle body). Can this cause any problems if its gone bad? It clikcs when I rev the car (I feel the plug, and feel the vibration it causes)

one is a EGR vavle silinoid the other is EVAP canister siliniod. both ya can disconnect.. just leave them plug'd in. Its not somthing worth worrying about. ( mine clicks also, and has done so for years, pretty common )

oh my bad, your link was different, shows exactly the part (I thought it was thaT 1g link at first)

I searched up and people say it helps to improve fuel economy by 2mpg, not sure if thats true, but I've noticed the gas is being guzzled.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back