The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

need help FAST!!!! (should i get this car)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasteclispe

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2004
queens, New_York
ok guys i need help. i got my nt eclipses a few months ago. and about 2 months after i got it i was looking for a turbo project car. i found one but it has problems. there is oil all over the engine so its prob leaking somewhere. and theres also rust in the engine compartment and a little in front of the frame. the inside is VERY dirty the ouside needs ALOT of TLC. the front bumper is crashed so it needs a new one. needs a new battery or alternator. i could not test drive it so i dont know about the transmission. but the guy says its good. its a 1995 eagle talon tsi awd and he wants $1500 for it....do u guys think i should get it?

Hey man im gonna say no just because i just bought a 92 gsx with the 6bolt motor and 4bolt rear with show room interior, and the body is in great shape and only 100,000 miles for only $2,800. there are always gonna be better deals out there and when buying a project car that doesnt run you will always be a step behind right as soon as you fix one thing another thing is gonna mess up TRUST ME i know..... But it is your money so if you think you can do it go for it you will be Extremely satisfied with yourself if you get it up and running. Good luck with whatever your decision is. :dsm:

It looks like a good deal for that price but it could end up being an expensive project. You've already said what you can see of the car ie exterior & interior are in poor shape. If thats the way he looks after his car I could only imagine what the motor or tranny is like. 95 was a good year for crankwalk, so would defently check that out first. So if you had to put in a new motor &/or tranny your good deal doesn't look so good anymore, & then the rest of the car still looks like crap, but then again Im picky & I like everything to be in "mint" condition. Just my thoughts...

lasteclispe said:
well the car is an automatic...dont only manuals have the crankwalk problem?

I think the cases of c.w. in an auto are less but they can still get them. There was a poll on here of people who got c.w. & 95 was the wost, was around 40% or so, so I would check into that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back