The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Need help!! No interior electrical power.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91rs4g63t

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2009
Regina, Saskatchewan_Canada
Hey guys,
Been a long time since i've owned a DSM but a couple months ago buddy was looking at getting rid of his almost abandoned 97/98 (july 97) Mitsubish Eclispe GSX, so I had to grab it. Fortunately we got it to run but very very poorly but thats not why I'm here.. I've got no working interior electronics period,long story short, buddy had some harness issues so sourced a complete interior harness from an older vert and swapped it in, I ripped the thing right apart, everything looks to be together but I've got nothing working, when I connect the battery, the doors lock, thats all i've got. I hate to see this car go to waste, would love to get it back on the road so I'm looking for a guru who knows these cars to point me in the right direction, maybe between the different chassis or years Im missing something, also need some wiring diagrams etc.
Thanks in advance.

which harnesses were replaced.?

A - engine bay
B - the large one attached to the cross support under the dash
C - the smaller harness attached to the dash
D - doors
E - the harness that goes from the interior fuse box to the back

electrical manual

which harnesses were replaced.?

A - engine bay
B - the large one attached to the cross support under the dash
C - the smaller harness attached to the dash
D - doors
E - the harness that goes from the interior fuse box to the back

electrical manual

Thank you, will pull up electrical on computer and tablet when I get home.
As far as harnesses replaced all of the above except A, engine harness/engine bay was supposedly untouched. Like I said, quite limited information I apologize, the work was performed on the car many many years ago by a young busy guy and obviously never got accomplished, just don't want to see this treasure of a car go to waste!

i would start by checking fusible link 6 which supplies power to the ignition switch. check the ignition switch too. see HERE.
the fusible link is good but your not getting power to the ignition switch. if you look in the area just above and behind the interior fuse box, there are a few white connectors with the foam strip on them. Look for the one that is a single white wire, its a thick wire you'll know it if you see it. make sure the connector isn't unplugged. its connector b-78 in the manual. If you need pictures let me know and i'll pull out a harness.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

if the ignition switch and fusible link are okay, check the interior fusebox. make sure everything on it is plugged in on the back side of it.
going off memory. b-74 and b-75 are responsible for most of the power distribution to the interior.
B-74 supplies the power for relay/junction box. B74 will be a black plug with a fat white wire with a black stripe.

Thx dusty you're awesome, think I'm making some progress... Fuses/fusible link = good, ignition switch appears to be good (just switch continuity), pulled interior fuse panel out to check that thick white/black wire and found a little issue, looks like maybe a red/black wire off of B75 melted, I'll repair that and see if I've got anything.

Attachments

• PXL_20210220_221322290.jpg
    PXL_20210220_221322290.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20210220_221353866.jpg
    PXL_20210220_221353866.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
that looks like its the red/black wire on pin 12. Assuming it is, it goes to dedicated fuse #11 (10A) in the engine bay fuse box.
Make sure you check for a short to ground on all the wires before you reconnect the power.

that looks like its the red/black wire on pin 12. Assuming it is, it goes to dedicated fuse #11 (10A) in the engine bay fuse box.
Make sure you check for a short to ground on all the wires before you reconnect the power.
Any idea what #11 fuse is? I will let you know when I get it repaired and check for short on that harness.

THis might help so you have it available all the time.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-dsm-factory-service-manual-chassis-and-body-volume-1.517364/
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/service-manuals.501990/
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/download-a-2g-service-manual.324090/

If you can secure a paper copy for your specific year even better. I have purchased many volumes over the years. Invaluable.

For whatever reason the eagle talon manuals are cheaper and they work just fine for eclipse except the spyder would be excluded and of course there are slight variations to body fascias etc that would need to be sorted.
If you can get an exact copy great but I have had mostly Talon books because of expense.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Eagle...229467?hash=item3ad09fb05b:g:N0gAAOSwcUBYErbJ

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back