The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

need help ...droppin gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeX32

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2012
Seguin, Texas
hi everybody im tryin to find out whats goin on with me car im new to the whole modin it out but im have problem with my gears i keep droping 3rd n 4th but i can get them back after i keep polayin with the shifter just want o fix this before i put my parts on ### i dont want to have any porblems after

First of all, can you enunciate a little more? I barely understood that.

About your gears, your clutch could be going out. Go to a mechanic and get a new clutch. It shouldn't be anything more serious than that.

Then again, DSM stock engines have a little trouble dropping third sometimes, so it could be normal.

Remove your transmission , inspect your clutch(pressure plate and clutch disc and throw out bearing, also clutch fork) disc may be shaved down do to high mileage, pressure plate may be worn out springs, the bearing may be broken but still intact or stuck, your fork could be a little warped or not properly in place.
Check tranny for forward rotation and reverse, shift all gears by hand, check your tranny shaft jiggle it, could be your tranny, not engaging properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back