The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Need Help Dialing In Idle ( Log Attached )

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseGS-92

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2008
Selma, Alabama
I am currently attempting to dial my idle in. Problem im having is once i have lowered my AirflowPerRev from .50 to .25 and re-adjusted my Fuel settings to reach +/- 4% STFTLo and CombinedFT the car idles slightly rougher while reading rich on my wideband 13.8-14.2 with ecu EstimatedAFR reading 14.7-15.2 . I am attempting to make these number match accordingly while maintaining +/- 8% STFTLo and CombinedFT as well as .25 - .28 AirFlowPerRev and im just not understanding how to achieve this successfully.

Also was wondering if it is normal, when running large high-z injectors to, to have to add 500 to all values on INJBatteryAdj while still having over 600 deadtime adjustment and if this deadtime adjustment is indead what is causing my slightly rougher idle than before.

Lastly, even after achieving these values and maintaining closed loop my LTFTLo is not updating or showing any value beyond 0%. Is there something i am doing wrong here or is it a product of my Idle not being dialed in close enough to trigger these tables?

I attached my log from tonight while i was smoothing some of the values around my idle in the sd table.

Had trouble getting my profile to update the changes to my mod list ( added it all but kept telling me i had 2 required fields not filled out even though they were all filled) So here is a local listing of current modifications which i keep listed in Notepad just for this occassion.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Mods:

Fuel-
Aeromotive 340 LPH Stealth pump
TDC High - z 1,000 cc injectors
Fuel Lab AFPR
Fuel Pump Rewire ( 8gauge power and grounds to 50 amp relay)

Engine- 6-bolt ( 2,000 mile factory rebuild)
-Crower(Not bc) 272's
-Skunk2 Adjustable gears
-Balance Shaft Elimination
-Brian Crower Springs / Retainers
-Lightly Polished Head
-Straight cut oil pump gears
-Forward Facing Oil Filter Housing

Cooling-
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-2x 12" Flex fans

Intake-
-Cyclone Intake Manifold ( factory style installation activated using FPR through a BCS)
-Speed Density (ECMlink SD Kit)

Exhaust-
-ERL t3 exhaust manifold ( lightly ported)
-Apexi N1 Cat back
-Custom 3" vband downpipe to vibrant flex

Turbo-
-Hx40 7 blade - BEP 3" vband hotside .70 A/R
-Punishment FMIC, Shortroute
-Greddy BOV
-Tial MVS Wastegate

Tuning/Management/Gauges-
-DSMlink v3 full
-Innovate LC1 DB Blue Wide Band
-GlowShift Boost Gauge -30/+30
-2x BCS (One for Tial MVS / Boost by gear) ( One for cyclone )

Drive Train-
-XactLite Flywheel
-ACT 2600 Pressure plate
-Full Face Sprung oem replacement clutch
-4bolt Rear end

Suspension/Brakes/Steering-
-10x10 Aluminum Power steering Cooler
-Megan Adjustable Coil Overs
-GSX 2 Piston Calipers Front / 1 Piston Rear
-ABS Delete
-Braided Stainless Lines
-Red Poly Mounts Engine and Transmission

Misc-
-Megan Short Shifter
-Battery Relocated To Trunk ( #1 Welding Lead Power Wire)

1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?

Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?
Yes
2). Verified mechanical timing?
yes
3). Verified base timing?
yes
4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil:Stock
Wire brand and Age:Thundersport 8mm / 600 miles 1.5 years
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap: NGK Iridium BPR5EIX

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1:? Fresh rebuilt engine less than 2,000 miles
Cylinder 2:?
Cylinder 3:?
Cylinder 4:?

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch:yes
Throttle Cable:yes
TPS:yes
BISS:yes

7). Compression ratio Stock 6-bolt

8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
no
9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
ABS/Radiator lights ( no sensor in radiator and abs deleted )
10). Electrical system
Car off (not running):12.4
Car running:13.6

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 50 psi
Injector Size (cc/min): 1,000 cc High-z

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: Innovate LC-1 / Bosch
Calibration Date:11/20/14

13). Type of fuel
Type:93
Percent of Ethanol:10

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?
yes

Attachments

• nov 25 2014.elg
    264.4 KB · Views: 71
Why running 180 deg thermostat?

Your fuel calculation is based to 37psi base fuel pressure while you have 50psi listed above.

In InjBatteryAdj, you've added only 500microsec instead of 635 as you have it in FUEL tab.

Drop the deadtime in your fuel tab to lean thing a bit at idle.

Why running 180 deg thermostat?

Your fuel calculation is based to 37psi base fuel pressure while you have 50psi listed above.

In InjBatteryAdj, you've added only 500microsec instead of 635 as you have it in FUEL tab.

Drop the deadtime in your fuel tab to lean thing a bit at idle.

My fuel tab shows calculated to be -61.3% which is what i got from putting in 1000cc @ 50psi and 14.7 (auto calculate) and manual fuel pressure checked at idle with vac line pulled.

the 500 microsec was how i lowered my dead times ( originally 1,135 before change to InjBatteryAdj) should i add more through InjBatteryAdj to reduce dead time further?

Also when dropping dead time to try and Lean up my idle , my STFT and CombinedFT both go positive larger and larger ( guessing it has something to do with Wide band and estimate afr are not equal)

Also as far as the isc being 80 i have no idea im new to tuning and taking over where a local shop left off (long story but wiped the tune before returning the car)

(Edit) Also Thermostats was in car from when i purchased it, havent bothered changing yet

what is the injector latency from manufacturer?

Good question the shop didn't supply me a spec sheet.[DOUBLEPOST=1417023389][/DOUBLEPOST]How should I go about finding this information? Willing to put in the leg work just don't know where to start

All I know is ev14 based high impedance

Found some more info .9 ms @ 14 volts

Last edited:
you have know the brand first. Are there any markings on the injectors?

The other way is to lean things out just a bit globally and then raise the deadtime until you get the CombinedFT within spec. Then use the adjusted deadtime from fuel tab and add it to the stock injector latencies in InjBatteryAdj

I am currently doing that a little at a time CombinedFT and stft are matching at +/- 4%. I've already added 500 and now that it's closer I need to add another 600 to bring dead times closer to zero.

It's a reworked Bosch ev14 injector and above post is the information I found for it latency wise

0.9ms = 900 microsec

Just found out they flow as 1090cc at 50 psi. So you can try 900 for global deadtime.

7volt - 3012
9volt - 2052
12volt - 1740
14volt - 1548
16volt - 1452
19volt - 1356

the ecu calculates the latency for 13.6v. it takes the values for 12v and 14v and does the math for 13.6v

you just have to copy the values above and replace the values in InjBatteryAdj tab

Adjusted some values, used the 1090cc at 50 psi calculation as well as got my AirflowPerRev Dialed back down to .25/.26 and CombinedFT and STFT to around +/- 3% as well as dialing in my wideband factor and recallibrating my sensor just to be positive.

Car is still not logging values for LTFTLo LTFTMid or LTFTHi, all still reading 0%. Also updated Firmware etc today but am noticing i dont see any LearnedFT adjustments or resets that i thought i remembered seeing,

Here is a new log with a little more smoothing done let me know what you think and i appreciate all the help

Attachments

• Nov 26 14 Final Log for tonight.elg
    42.2 KB · Views: 69
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back