The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved Need help. can anyone tell me what this screw is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oil was leaking a lot from this bolt. I went to tighten it down and it stripped and now the stripping is stuck in the engine

That is an oil galley plug.

Also where the turbo is fed oil from from the factory on the 1g

He's right. It's a banjo bolt. If it's a 1G, that's the oil feed fitting that's feeding oil to your turbo. Get some new copper washers and make sure the threads are good/not damaged, then reinstall it with your new washers.

Thank you guys. The head of the.bolt cracked off so the fitting part is stuck in the engine.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did the same thing a while ago and ended up having to do an AN line set up after drilling out and re-threading the hole... After seeing the pic above, I think it's time for an AN setup.

Try a basic twisted flute EZ out toy remove the threaded portion of the banjo bolt.

DO NOT START THE CAR, you will spew oil all over the place.

You need a new banjo bolt at this point, so you can still feed oil to your turbo

Cool... Be gentle though. That banjo set up is doomed from the factory (in my opinion), because the bolt is made of a stronger metal than the soft aluminum head. One mistake too many (such as over-tightening it), and it will easily eat up threads leaving a leaky or untrustworthy connection. And if you do have to resort to the drilling/heli-coil route, I cannot stress the importance of taking your time during the process and getting as many metal shavings out as humanly possible! They hide deep in there sometimes.:thumb:

As many of the shavings? If you have to drill you would need to get ALL the shavings. That is an oil feed to the exahaust cam as well as the turbo feed.

I doubt he will have to drill/tap/Heli-coil.. he sheared the banjo bolt off from trying to over tighten it.

An EZ out to get what is left of the old banjo bolt to unscrew. new banjo bolt and crush washer and all should be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back