The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

need help big time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyguns

Probationary Member
Feb 24, 2012
Farmington, New_Mexico
I need a lot of help. This is my first dsm car. I have a 95 Eagle Talon Esi. I a couple of days ago I ran to the store and came out the car would not start. I have changed out the fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plugs, fuel pump relay. It still won't start. I really need some help with this and also I need to know where to get a throttle body. HELP PLEASE.

The throttle body can be found on extremepsi.com for around 280$, sorry dont know about the other problem.

Thanks for where to get the throttle body. Diving a little farther into the car I still dont have spark, but replaced the ignition coil and plugs. What will cause the car not to spark?

ignighter box?? located just below the coil pack..bolted to back of the head.. or the ecu could be bad.

those are the first 2 things I would check.

Steve

Those were replace when I through a exhaust value into the piston. But i did just learn from a local guy that use to work for a dodge shop that the camshaft position sensor will shut off spark and the fuel injectors if it is bad. So going to try that but I have to switch out the pig tail to a flat pin first. But thanks for the help guys. I will be needing more in do time like my sunroof.

I had that issue at one point a long time ago when the car was jumped backwards meaning the cables were put on the wrong terminals yeah stupid me.I changed the ecu and the coils no dice, me being young with a low income pissed me off.so I got smart and bought a manual I have a 2g but auto zone only had the manual for a 1g but I figured it could help and it did. So anyway me and my boss at the time got a voltage tester and tested the (ignition power transistor) it's really easy just read your manual mine is a gst but I assume all models should have them.if you need help with it pm me I don't live far from you.

Thanks for all the info guys. Come to find out when the shop replaced my pcm. It was not programmed right and only lasted a couple of months.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back