The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help asap!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GSX_FTW

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2010
Waukegan, Illinois
Hey guys i need some help getting my dsm back up and running! im having trouble getting the bolts off the torque converter to seperate the block from the trans! does anyone have good experience in this thats willing to help me out?? i live in the north side of waukegan. if you could swing by and give me a hand id appreciate it! willing to pitch for gas, a meal, and a few beers if you come by. i want to get this thing running in time for HIN which is only 2weeks away. hit me up with a txt at 224-441-0649 my name is david. if you could bring some tools aswell, ive got a few but not much. thanks in advance!

One thing that I have found very useful is to loosen the transmission bolts, but make sure they are still screwed in partly, pull the transmission away from the block a little bit, and you should be able to access the torque converter bolts a little easier. Worked for me.

One thing that I have found very useful is to loosen the transmission bolts, but make sure they are still screwed in partly, pull the transmission away from the block a little bit, and you should be able to access the torque converter bolts a little easier. Worked for me.

thanks for the tip. that is exactally what we did and it worked. ive got the old block out and the new short block in. time to put the head together and put it in place.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back