The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need for Speed: Underground

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groomz

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2002
Texas, Texas
Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but if you go to www.eagames.com and check out the videos of it, it starts with a 2G eclipse sort of getting upgraded as it is driven. Kinda cool. Looks ricey of course, but cool and maybe fun. I'll get it when it comes out and let you know.

OMG that was one awesome trailer!!!

We need some DSM real LIVE Videos with that much excitement.

I think I am gonna save that trailer to CD-R.

All I can say is *damn

Gsxtacy

Played the demo also, and its not half bad. I would recommend it. And a chance to deck out my car virtually! :thumb:

I swiped a demo disc from the PS2 mag and you can only play as the Eclipse! (Of course im not complaining :p )
It shows it in stock form, but youre immediatly forced to pick between 6 different riced out versions with bad taste.
And damn is it fast! I keep running into the train on the drag race. :cry: :mad:

that was sweet, a little 2 fast 2 furiuos for my taste, but it was kinda cool watching the 4g63 getting some "love". It looks awsome, it's probably a blast to play.

the game is awesome...cant stop playing the pc demo. You can get it free at need4speed.com but you play as a 350z that races an eclipse and 2 supras

It ships to stores on the 17th and will be available for sale the 18th.

I didn't see it coming out till the 20th.

in gran turismo 4
there will be a 97 gsx
and a 94 vr4 galant

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

Originally posted by 2gClipse
in gran turismo 4
there will be a 97 gsx
and a 94 vr4 galant

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

There is no official list yet.

i downloaded the demo..
extracted the files, but when i click on the setup icon with the little monitor,
it would just stay there not doing anything.
any1 know why?????:confused: ?????

To reiterate, please read my review
My mini review: Also, I'm a dedicated NFS gamer and have played every one to come out NFS1-6 this one being the 7th game in the series. The trailer had me stoked for this game about 3 months ago and is the reason I'll be upgrading my PC. I have a PIII 800 with Radeon 64 vid card and the game automatically scales the visuals based on the PC. It still looked pretty good on my PIII and it ran quite good. I was surprised I could play this game at all but with visual set to about 1/3 it runs great online and off.
The Good:
1) Style Points - great new addition to the game that has never been done
2) Mods - Awesome and was only done in one other NFS game (NFS 5-Porsche)
3) Physics - Pretty similar to the NFS4 physics/handling system which works for this game since it needs to be forgiving.
4) Licenced Vehicles - Good stuff as you know
5) Graphics are nice and will looks awesome on high-end PC.
6) NOS- ROCKS, great addition that hasn't been done in any NFS series and adds a whole new dimension to gameplay and strategy.

Negatives:
1) No damage modeling. (Give me NFS 4 damage modeling please)
Will have to wait for final release to determine flaws.

Overall, this is an awesome installment in the NFS series and will be a must buy for me. I want this one to run super smooth with all visuals cranked up so it's upgrade time soon.
Experience, when playing the circuit mode race I was very happy that my steering wheel (Logitech Force feedback-1st gen) worked great as this is critical for any racing game purchase I make.
When starting the circuit race "Slik" in the AWD 2nd gen eclipse would LAUNCH off the line and instantly smoke me (350Z turbo) and the two supras. When he launched it looked awesome and the feeling of street racing was caputred nicely. Slik would continue to win each race until I dialed in the track and became very good. After that, I went online and have owned every person so far in the circuit race. The drag race mode is quite fun also but doesn't work well with my steering wheel so I have to switch to the keyboard but that's fine since it's pretty much just going straight.
Just thinking about modding my ride to my own delight and then going online to race is beyond anything that I play on XBOX live (Midtown madness 3, Midnight Club 2) and will OWN. I can go on for hours but I'm sure you don't want to hear.

So what do u guys think is a better game ? NFS underground or Midnight Club 2 ?

Im trying to decide which one to buy.

Originally posted by IHeartTurbo
Say's it will be released the 17th, so that means stores will get it the 18th.

stores usually get things a few days in advance, but can't put them out til that date

I will definately have a copy. I played a demo in the store. You can blow your engine, nos, redline and alot of other stuff. I liked it.

No incar dash view??? WTF this has been a feature since the original Need for Speed 1 on pc!!!!! :thumbdown
I cant believe they left that out..

there is an in car dash view.
it shows it on last months playstation magazine demo disk.
it has some celica and shows all the views and game play:cool:

Originally posted by 2gClipse
there is an in car dash view.
it shows it on last months playstation magazine demo disk.
it has some celica and shows all the views and game play:cool:

wow kick ass then!!!

Originally posted by TSi999
No incar dash view??? WTF this has been a feature since the original Need for Speed 1 on pc!!!!! :thumbdown
I cant believe they left that out..
Ah, another NFS'er! Yes, I sure hope they include the dash view in the PC version on final release. I used to Love the Dash view and should've added that to the Bad section of my review. It sure does make it a lot more realistic and cooler when your actually sitting in cockpit of these cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back