The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Need for Speed: Carbon. It's official, a 2G is in the game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endlessMyk said:
Truth.

When playing Forza (which has a 2nd gen TALON!) I always thought if they wanted to be a little more realistic, at some point your car should die and on the screen should pop-up "CRANKWALK"

LOL.. crankwalk is overrated :p

Did'nt even know there was a new NFS game coming out till I saw this. Cool. I was pissed to see that ugly ass 4g in NFSMW rather than a 2g.

fallenauthority said:
Thats a GS-T in that pic, look at the full size pic in the first link, and look at where the model badge usually is on our cars, if you look close you can see "GS-T"

Fallenauthority aka eagle eyes, that's attention to detail. I have looked at that pic 10 times or so and never noticed the GS-T.

I see the GS-T as well. Ever so faint, but it's there.

Rice Over Wheat said:
Any visit to Motortrend or C&D and you find that the 4G GT is slower than even the 3G GT. It is a large heavy boat. They should break a bottle of champagne on the bow every time they sell one (which is hardly ever, I hear).

The 4g is the fastest "stock" eclipse
0-60 in 5.8
1/4 mile in 14.3

modded I don't know of their modding potential, but they are hardly slow. They speed trap at 103mph. I think if they were RWD mitsubishi really would have had a hit.

Shapingo said:
0-60 in 5.8
1/4 mile in 14.3

modded I don't know of their modding potential, but they are hardly slow. They speed trap at 103mph. I think if they were RWD mitsubishi really would have had a hit.

if it was RWD i would have one right now. IMO they are one of the better looking "new style" cars out there(IE cars that look all futuristic). i think mitsu needs a 350z eater and the 4g eclipse could have been just that. pity. like dam, if they had it rwd and maybe 280 ponies, that would put them right with the 350z and be nipping on the heels of 05+ Mustang GT's in a V6. how sad would that make the n/a 4.6L look when peuny v6's are taking it down?

endlessMyk said:
Truth.

When playing Forza (which has a 2nd gen TALON!) I always thought if they wanted to be a little more realistic, at some point your car should die and on the screen should pop-up "CRANKWALK"

I felt the 2G on Forza was always a bit more realistic in terms of handeling and 1/4 time while testing it out. Forza FTW.

PieEyedPiper said:
I'm not sure if those specs are correct that they listed in that second link..
2006 Eclipse GT considerabley faster than a 1999 GSX?
Unlikely.

Maybe the specs say so, but I've test driven a 2006 GT and it was nothing in comparison to my mostly stock car (I don't even have an exhaust). Also 120mph top speed? using wal-mart tires?

Interesting nonetheless.

4g GT's are running as quick as 14.1 and trapping as high as 101 bone stock (edit: reading secound page, I guess they are trapping as high as 103). Its all about the driver. The best we could get out of my freinds stock 2g was 14.5 at a weak 94mph.

this is why i only play forza motorsport cause that have a 1G

Shapingo said:
0-60 in 5.8
1/4 mile in 14.3

From Motortrend:

Wound thrice this way down the dragstrip (punctuated by snap gearshifts), the Eclipse GT pegs 60 mph in 5.9 seconds and the quarter 8.3 seconds later as the speedo needle sweeps past 100.9 mph. Comparable with, say, VW's feisty R32

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...itsubishi_eclipse_gt/suspension_handling.html

I think we need some perspective here. 2006 does not equal 1995. These days sub-6 second coupes are a dime a dozen. Back in the 2G's day, Z28s and Mustang GTs "muscle cars" were pushing < 300 bhp and about 6.0 sec 0-60. Not to mention that 4G's 263 bhp gets it 5.9 seconds? That's pathetic. I stand by my assertion that it's a boat, and based on how lousy they sell, I think the public agrees.

Not a heck of a lot faster than a 210 bhp 3G considering 50 more ponies. And sure, 2G's need mods to compete but "stock" meant something entirely else in the 2G days. My car has about 280 bhp (guesstimate) and 310 btq. I also weight only about 250 lbs less than one as an a/t. Yet a friend of mine's 4G GT isn't fit to shine my wheels.

This sounds like all that talk about the Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring, awd turbo. It does 5.8 sec 0-60. That turned out to be another overhyped boat.

4BangR-x said:
Forza is the greatest video game of all time...

Greatest game of all time or greatest racing game of all time?

Just wondering:p

fallenauthority said:
Thats a GS-T in that pic, look at the full size pic in the first link, and look at where the model badge usually is on our cars, if you look close you can see "GS-T"
Beat me to it, I was just gonna say that. Definately says GS-T

And on a side note, yea, those graphics look like crap. Not even that good by PS2 standards

notwho said:
umm, a 2g is availabel in Tokyo Extreme Racer 0, Street Racing Syndicate and GT4

Remember way back in GT2, when they had a GST that you could make a hybrid of, have 1000hp and AWD....fun fun fun :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back