The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need for Speed: Carbon. It's official, a 2G is in the game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im almost positive the XBOX 360 version will have the same cars as PS3.

I was about to say the same thing. BTW they had the 2g GSX in NFS Underground.... it was actually the car on the intro to the game...

They NEVER put the AWD's in the game. Not when there is the EVO.

*grumble*

umm, a 2g is availabel in Tokyo Extreme Racer 0, Street Racing Syndicate and GT4

TSIMonsteR said:
I was about to say the same thing. BTW they had the 2g GSX in NFS Underground.... it was actually the car on the intro to the game...

Yeah. OP, did you not think they had a 2g in the other games?

what 98eclipseRS said is correct the first 2 games had GSX's but the third one messed it up with the 4G, now if it was the HKS concept then it would have been awsome

Anyone else think juiced was a joke, after you build like 4 outrageously fast cars you just have your crew race every race and win by like 5 minutes.....the game just like died out haha

I'm not sure if those specs are correct that they listed in that second link..
2006 Eclipse GT considerabley faster than a 1999 GSX?
Unlikely.

Maybe the specs say so, but I've test driven a 2006 GT and it was nothing in comparison to my mostly stock car (I don't even have an exhaust). Also 120mph top speed? using wal-mart tires?

Interesting nonetheless.

slipstream808 said:
They NEVER put the AWD's in the game. Not when there is the EVO.

*grumble*

NFSU/NFSU2 both had a 2g GSX if i remember. sadly, the intro for NFSU2 is the reason i started looking at eclipses.

and some of the screenshots look 100x better than others. methinks crappy ones are PS3/360 and the better ones are PC.

According to those statistics, it says that a 0-60 is 7.4 seconds. Now, i know that 2G GST/Xs generally had magazine testers run around the mid-to-high six second range.

It's not an Eclipse. It's a modified Talon. Heretics.

Attachments

• need-for-speed-carbon-20060906034724146.jpg
    need-for-speed-carbon-20060906034724146.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 551
If you look carefully at the rear tires, it looks like it needs a DIY camber kit. Someone's been spying on us...

SinaiTSi said:
Yeah. OP, did you not think they had a 2g in the other games?

Yes, I'm aware that 2G's have been in a lot of games. I was just making a point by saying it's nice to see they're putting one in NFS:Carbon.

Much love, Much love.

Also, I noticed in Gran Turismo 1 for PS1, the 2G is called the GT. Is that what they were known as in Japan?? Just wondering. http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-94194/Site/

Later,
Ryan

dyno_detour said:
Yes, I'm aware that 2G's have been in a lot of games. I was just making a point by saying it's nice to see they're putting one in NFS:Carbon.

Much love, Much love.

Also, I noticed in Gran Turismo 1 for PS1, the 2G is called the GT. Is that what they were known as in Japan?? Just wondering. http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-94194/Site/

Later,
Ryan

I'd say that was a spelling error...

PieEyedPiper said:
I'm not sure if those specs are correct that they listed in that second link..
2006 Eclipse GT considerabley faster than a 1999 GSX?
Unlikely.

Maybe the specs say so, but I've test driven a 2006 GT and it was nothing in comparison to my mostly stock car (I don't even have an exhaust). Also 120mph top speed? using wal-mart tires?

Interesting nonetheless.

Any visit to Motortrend or C&D and you find that the 4G GT is slower than even the 3G GT. It is a large heavy boat. They should break a bottle of champagne on the bow every time they sell one (which is hardly ever, I hear).

its not a misprint,in japan ,they were called gt and gsr 4 ,the 2g gst here (dealer imports) was officially called 2.0 gt 16v rated @ 217 hp

Xtassyloco said:
They never put a 1G in the games, they need to!

Truth.

When playing Forza (which has a 2nd gen TALON!) I always thought if they wanted to be a little more realistic, at some point your car should die and on the screen should pop-up "CRANKWALK"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back