The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

need extreme turbo help within the tri-state area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBoostedDSM

Proven Member
Aug 2, 2013
clark, New_Jersey
MAIN REASON FOR THIS THREAD IS BECAUSE I NEED SOMEONE TO COME OUT TO ME TO LOOK AT MY CAR!!!

got my engine rebuilt, as of now i have a no good turbo in there and the oil lines arent hooked up, so its just running off engine power, i need someone to come out to me and help me with this pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-need new turbo definitely, but i need someone to help me check what else i need along with the turbo, broken turbo is a evo3 16g (almost positive, long story) i need to match it as well i was told.
-might need a fuel pump
-might need fuel injectors

-a lot of varieties with this stuff so i need the best advice on what i should do to accomplish this for the best

FUTURE GOALS

it has a ECU flash in it, planning on switching to DSMlink to tune it after i get the new turbo

You can find the help you need on this forum.

Most upgrade their fuel pump and injectors to meet the needs of a big16g. You need to set a goal first, see if your set up will meet that goal, if it does not, then figure out what you need to accomplish that. Larger turbo, cams, fuel upgrades etc.

I am from westfield, around the corner from you and wouldn't mind helping, but with the storm tomorrow, it might need to wait a big while we dig ourselves out.

You can find the help you need on this forum.

Most upgrade their fuel pump and injectors to meet the needs of a big16g. You need to set a goal first, see if your set up will meet that goal, if it does not, then figure out what you need to accomplish that. Larger turbo, cams, fuel upgrades etc.

I am from westfield, around the corner from you and wouldn't mind helping, but with the storm tomorrow, it might need to wait a big while we dig ourselves out.

i honestly have no idea how to check if my set up will meet it, but there used to be an evo3 16g in there, im wondering if the guy who sold me the car screwed me over and swapped the turbo out, many possibilities on what went wrong, thats why im trying to find someone who is a lot more experienced than i am to look at it and help me out.

cool man, yeah literally right around the corner, i get the car back between friday-monday anyway so definitely not tomorrow, if you could help thatd be great!

i honestly have no idea how to check if my set up will meet it, but there used to be an evo3 16g in there, im wondering if the guy who sold me the car screwed me over and swapped the turbo out, many possibilities on what went wrong, thats why im trying to find someone who is a lot more experienced than i am to look at it and help me out.

cool man, yeah literally right around the corner, i get the car back between friday-monday anyway so definitely not tomorrow, if you could help thatd be great!

Maintenance above all, and then start with a power goal, 300 hp, 350 hp. Its really all about research at this point, knowledge is power, so the more time you spend reading on peoples builds, how they achieved their goals, you will gain an understanding on what you need. Plenty of power has been made on stock DSM blocks, so you dont need a "built" setup to go "fast".

The turbo should have a serial number on it that will help you ID the turbo. if you have a 16g of anytype the turbo was swapped into you car, 2gs never came with anything besides the t-25.

If you ran the turbo without oil, the turbo is most likely damaged and will need a rebuild if it isnt totaled, like previously stated

If you think the turbo is no good now, running it without oil lines will most definitely kill it for good

its running but im not driving it until i can get this looked at and fixed.

You're about 1.5 hours away from me. Any way to get the car down this way?

nah cars not insured right now =( thanks though

Maintenance above all, and then start with a power goal, 300 hp, 350 hp. Its really all about research at this point, knowledge is power, so the more time you spend reading on peoples builds, how they achieved their goals, you will gain an understanding on what you need. Plenty of power has been made on stock DSM blocks, so you dont need a "built" setup to go "fast".

The turbo should have a serial number on it that will help you ID the turbo. if you have a 16g of anytype the turbo was swapped into you car, 2gs never came with anything besides the t-25.

If you ran the turbo without oil, the turbo is most likely damaged and will need a rebuild if it isnt totaled, like previously stated

its got a pretty decent build to it already, my only goal for this car is to some how get this turbo situation under control, and tuned with DSMlink and im good to go, i know he swapped the 16g in there im saying before he gave it to me he swapped it out for something else to sell it or something idk, you may even know the guy, hes a pretty reputable guy around our area.

got my car back still need some help!!

need someone to come look at my car, i need a new turbo setup, tryna get someone experienced so they can guide me on the best setup to get for my car..

got my car back still need some help!!

need someone to come look at my car, i need a new turbo setup, tryna get someone experienced so they can guide me on the best setup to get for my car..

How far are you from lake Hopatcong. I can give you some input. Lmk I'm available Tuesday of this week afternoon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back