The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need EVERYONES input please on my Ignition issue!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes.

But still gives me a REALLY hard time starting the car. The ignition clicks, but no crank.

Connector's bad-something got hot to melt the surrounding plastic to misalign those two female pins..

Those two female pins are not allowing the respective male pins to seat correctly.

You might have to head to a yard and snip a connector off (leaving enough wire attached to work with-like 4 inches), then strip insulation, tin the wires, splice and solder each lead from the replaced one to the ones that you snipped when you took the old plug off and do the same above with the pigtail wires.

Oh, and make sure you follow color code very carefully per each wire so you won't be crossing wires.

See what happens.

Found the issue to be in the main harness of my ECU. I had a SAFC wired into the harness, and when I removed it, I had a wire that was shorting out. It had been taped up, but im guessing it pulled away just enough to cause a short. I did fresh wire and tape (due to time) and drove it from Madison Wisconsin all the way to Orlando Florida no stopping other then gas, and it ran like brand new and pulled hard the whole way. Also I didnt even see the slightest bit of knock the whole time

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back