The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need edm tails

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobbern

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2003
oslo, Europe
Hi!

I was going to borrow a pair of euro lights from a guy i know but he can't get them before the next inspection and it would be a a pain to do everything considering i could not modify his lights and would have to make a harness between them. Therefore i am looking for any place that sells them.

I know machV has them but for 569$...is there any place else i can get them for a better price?..

The reason why i would rather just buy these instead of getting a pair from a european model here is because i won't have to modify them to make them fit my US spec eclipse right?

Best regards
tobias

Either way with you getting EDM tails, you will have to modify the harness.

Game Over said:
Either way with you getting EDM tails, you will have to modify the harness.

So you are saying the tails from machv arent plug and play? :( I was under the impression that was why they were so expensive... in that case i can prob pick up a stock euro pair from a guy for 300$ localy..

sorry to steal your thread, but does anyone have any pictures of these edm's actualy installed and with the lights on? i wanna see how the orange shows up. and and/or a pix of them w/ the blinkers on.

Just an idea, i don't know if it will work, but couldn't you buy a set of aftermarket lights with a clear lens and paint the sides amber and the inside red with transparent paint? Or do they have to be oem? Just a thought.

vinh766 said:
sorry to steal your thread, but does anyone have any pictures of these edm's actualy installed and with the lights on? i wanna see how the orange shows up. and and/or a pix of them w/ the blinkers on.

here's my car..

u're lucky i'm in a good mood :p

just went out and took these in the garage:

Attachments

• tail 010.jpg
    tail 010.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 391
  • tail 011.jpg
    tail 011.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 393
  • tail012.jpg
    tail012.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 391
Wanna know an easy way to not re-wire the tail lights? Buy a :talon: Talon. :laugh: The tail lights are already wired for separate turn signals.

Totaled2Talons said:
Wanna know an easy way to not re-wire the tail lights? Buy a :talon: Talon. :laugh: The tail lights are already wired for separate turn signals.

I thought of that too, but Talons, as far as I know, were only wold in North America.

it would be hard to register it compared to the eclipse and the eclipse isn't a walk in the park to get approved.

If worst comes to worst what is the best way to pay when you buy something on ebay? I mean in case the person never sends your merchandise..

Best regards
Tobias

the best way to pay for something on ebay would probably be PayPal by credit card. then you have two ways to try and get your money back if you get screwed.

-Jon

FreStylMotoX01 said:
the best way to pay for something on ebay would probably be PayPal by credit card. then you have two ways to try and get your money back if you get screwed.

-Jon

didn't help me at all, i got scammed once, i called visa they said they can't do anything cuz Visa considers it a transaction between Paypal and Visa, so they can't anything, cuz it's not paypal... I filed a complaint with Payapl after weeks of waiting all i got was "Paypal has investigated the matter and agrees that U have ben scammed etc etc BUT unfortunately there are no funds in the account to refund to you... Have a nice day"

:mad:

Game Over got it right, you will need the talon wiring harness or you'll have to hack yours to get it to have (brake)(brake)(blink) instead of (brake/blink)(brake/blink)(marker).

Your car is a 95..are you sure you need the edm setup? I don't know about Norway but in Germany they didn't pass the law until 95, so your car may be exempt from needing the amber turns.

It would definitely be cheaper to find a set of altezzas and paint them orange on the corner I think. You'll need to mess with the wiring either way though...

The guy that installed the alarm on my car actually layed up cables from the frontblinkers to the back..the red will also blink this way but i think it will work.

it will be:

(blink)(blink\brake) (brake\blink)(blink)..

All the inspector said is that i needed yellow blinkers in the rear...he never said it couldn't blink red at the same time...

Will this work?

tobbern said:
Will this work?

I guess you should ask the inspector that ;)

I would think if you ran the back blinkers off the fronts they would blink really fast or really slow because of the different resistance...maybe not.

Just do whatever cheap thing it takes to pass!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back