The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need Daily Driver!! Any Suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMSpyder99

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2003
ThE VaLLeY, California
I need a daily driver soon i am putting 50+miles on my car a day. I dont like this i have racked up 3,000miles since i moved to SoCal a few months ago. Anyway any suggestions of a cheap,gas-saving, relible car? You can add on to my list my price range is no more than $1500.

1. early 90's civic
2. early 90's corolla

I had an 88 accord that i got w/ 140,000 for $1200. Never left me anywhere and i sold it for $1100 w/ 189,000 on the tach. Im about to pick up a 88 prelude for $700 bucks w/ only 100k. Old hondas are def somethin to think about, then run forever.

Why worry about high mileage? Or do you want to opt out of this car at some point?

Motorcycles are faster and don't take that much gas. Someone will most likely steal the car if you get a civic. How many civics are there left that haven't been ripped off at one time or another?

BlackViper

ya get a honda or some beater truck or something. I am in the works of trying to con my sisters ex boyfriend out of his might max, the thing is clean as ####. If that don't work out my friend is going to sell me his 86 crx for 250$ plus a six pack. I wonder how a carborated d16 would respond to nitrous:cool: . Anyway look for a honda very cheap very reliable, good gas mileage, and you can hit things with it and not worry about it. Or maybe like an early 90's late 80's infinity g20. those are reliable and get good gas mileage.

my old boss had a toyota corolla with close to 500,000 miles on it for his daily driver

toyota trucks are nice with the 22re and the old boxy accords will take car of you for sure

Colt/Mirage with the 1.5L They're pretty damn reliable and they get good milage too. You just have to avoid the temptation of "the swap"

Originally posted by sacestar836
toyota trucks are nice with the 22re

I know someone with over 250k on original motor LOL...looks like all hell though.

Suzuki Swift GT/GTI. They run forever and are pretty sporty, or you could get the cousin of the swift. A Geo Metro. They both return 30 plus MPG, more in the range of 40 mpg for the suzuki with the 1.3 dohc on the highway, and in the 50's for the three cylinder metro.

Originally posted by deyes
Suzuki Swift GT/GTI. They run forever and are pretty sporty, or you could get the cousin of the swift. A Geo Metro. They both return 30 plus MPG, more in the range of 40 mpg for the suzuki with the 1.3 dohc on the highway, and in the 50's for the three cylinder metro.

Good luck finding a swift. Plus those are absolute dogs unless you get lucky and find a gti, personally id want something that i dont have to worry whether its gonna make it up the next hill.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back