The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need Clutch Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupe_nasty

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Easton, Maryland
So I just had my new southbend ss Kevlar clutch kit and act streetlite flywheel installed. Having some major issues with it now.

Im getting locked out of gears, mainly first gear is the hardest. Also I noticed when I go into reverse, the car wants to start rolling backwards on its own with out me even letting off the clutch pedal yet?

I adjusted the master rod a little but didn't seem to help. Also pedal pressure is super light. Almost too light. Any ideas?

You will need to bleed and properly adjust your master cylinder rod at the pedal assembly. The engagement window is around an inch or two from the floor and is supposed to be a very light pedal pressure due to its pivot angle for disengagement.

You will need to bleed and properly adjust your master cylinder rod at the pedal assembly. The engagement window is around an inch or two from the floor and is supposed to be a very light pedal pressure due to its pivot angle for disengagement.

Did u check the flywheel step height before shipping it to me? Also are u saying the engagement point SHOULD be and inch or two off the floor?

Flywheel should be 0.609", yes, engagement should be around 1-2" off of floor.

Ok, so i adjusted my master cylinder rod according to the jacks trans video, and my car shifted perfect. Also, the engagement point was about 2 inches off the floor like you said it should be. After driving around for 20 min, it went right back to grinding in reverse, and very hard to get into any gear. it seems to me like its running out of fluid. Im guessing air in the lines. Does that sound like what im dealing with?

Shop re bleed my clutch and adjusted it. Now pedal has more pressure on it and engagement point is a lot higher. Goes into gear perfect but clutch is slipping in boost!

You over adjusted the master cylinder and are partially disengaging the clutch. Back out the master cylinder rod a couple revolutions.

I readjusted the master rod the way i had it like jacks video. much better! they had that thing cranked down all the way, couldnt move the slave at all. Seems great now, i guess when they re bleed it, they got the air out.

Flywheel should be 0.609", yes, engagement should be around 1-2" off of floor.

Sounds like Tim may have already checked the ACT flywheel, but a warning for future ACT flywheel owners, I have had brand new ones out of spec (on the shallow side, not a good thing). So don't just assume its stepped correct, always measure before you install.

You need to brake it in and it will stop slipping,100 to 200 miles I would say . New stepped act flyweel new Kevlar disk 32psi:D, it slipped on me also just give it some time to brake in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back