The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

need bottom end rebuild salem area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEEAGLEHASLANDED

Probationary Member
May 26, 2012
Dallas, Oregon
So I was gonna just replace my rod bearings but I came into some money recently and I wanna rebuild my bottom end. Problem is I dont have the space or time. Im looking for someone who can rebuild my bottom end and get it running again. If there is anyone in the salem area that can take this on let my know. Thank you

+1 on taking it to English Яacing if you want a immaculate job done right.

Good idea thank you. Any clue what a rebuild might cost? Would it be cheaper to get another motor?

It might be cheaper with a used engine but it's a 'crap shoot'. It could last 10 years or 10 days.. With a DSM, it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Just remember "Mod cheap, Mod twice."

You are a 170 mile round trip (approx) to English. This would be roughly 10 gallons of diesel in my truck or $40... And about 5-6 hours of driving/loading etc.

All said and done, I'd tow your car up there for $160. AAA is probably the best bet but its not the only option.

Well they want 3500-5500 for a rebuild so I guess that's out of the question.

Local places that do swaps? How much?

rebuilding a six bolt is fun ive done mine and few other buddys for under 1000 knowing where to buy and witch parts to buy is key.

So I was gonna just replace my rod bearings but I came into some money recently and I wanna rebuild my bottom end. Problem is I dont have the space or time. Im looking for someone who can rebuild my bottom end and get it running again. If there is anyone in the salem area that can take this on let my know. Thank you

If you want to learn how to do it we can run through it if you catch me before sept 26th (school starts again), But if your going to pay someone to do it the only people I would trust in the area are English Racing. It's not hard to do. I found that it's a lot of time and a lot of money that adds up in tools.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back