The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cexodusk

Probationary Member
Oct 29, 2009
marysville, Washington
Hey guys, I just picked up a 92 TSi Turbo AWD. It is bone stock. What should be the first things I do to this?

I was thinking a new BOV and Exhaust and a manual boost controller. Suggestions on brands of these and good sites to order parts from?

Anyone in the Marysville/ Lake Stevens area? Meetup and talk and whatnot.

Thanks

I can't emphesize this enough:Start first by setting realistic goals of what you will want to do with the car then start looking for parts.
I started with a 3" turbo-back exhaust and a boost gauge then I got a boost controller and a wide band oxygen sensor to monitor my air/fuel ratio. Since everything is stock, don't waste money on a BOV, your stock one is good for now.

Can you make it more noticable, I can barley hear it at all. The BOV that is.

Thanks for the information.

If you feel like you really need to hear the bov better, you can achieve a little more sound by removing the silencer that sits in the stock intake canister.
As for mods, start simple ... free mods, air filter, exhaust ... working your way towards realistic expectations. Since you just got the car, your first priority should be to go through and repair/replace anything that needs to be serviced to make it 100% ready to support any modifications. These cars are about 20 years old, and most of the parts on them are more than likely still from that year.

Take a look at this link RRE 1st Generation Eclipse# Upgrade Path
Dont buy a boost controller without a aftermarket boost gauge, and only use it after you learn the limits of your setup. As far as asking about a louder bov, well thats the easiest way to catch hell around here.

I see Arkansas. Are you local, or military?

Ok. I had thought maybe you were in the area.

Where is a good online store to find exhjaust, and air cleaner etc..

I also need new front axles, the driver side boot is torn, and the car wants to pull left and right

I do alot of ordering from map performance and stm. your pulling is probably alignment or tire pressure issue and if you've never modded a car before then that rre page is a great place to start on your upgrade path but like was said before the very first things to due really should be maintenence first.

Can you make it more noticable, I can barley hear it at all. The BOV that is.

Thanks for the information.

You can but like someone else has already said don't worry about your Bov for now. Theres two of us in Everett that live in the same apt building your more than welocme to come chat with us. Maintenance is a must and first priority. Then I would do an exhaust Intake and tunning equip such as ECM link and guages.

If you have the cash... ECMLink is the way to go. I have DSMLink and I would love to upgrade to the newer ECMLink, but I have started to limit what I'll allow myself to spend on the money pit... I mean my loving DSM.

Just remember that these car are super fun, but they will challenge you to no end... TO NO END, I TELL YOU! If you want to drive a dsm fast and hard, you will need to become a dsm expert and a dsm mechanic with tools and spare parts!

Boost leaks and an old throttle body (seals & sensors) are the dsm enemy.

FYI: I've been recently looking at the GM MAF's and ECMLink or a GM MAFT set up. -- Give it them a search; their a nice upgrade.

:rocks:

Sell it.

Seriously tho, if you want a louder bov try using a piece of metal instead of a rubber return hose, it actually makes a big difference. Also, maintenance ie timing belt should be everyones #1 priority no matter what the last owner told you.

Good luck with it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back