The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Need advice transporting from BC to San Diego

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GReddyTalon

Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2005
San Diego and Vancouver, BC_Canada
Long story short is that I am a Canadian who works in San Diego and have been working remote from Vancouver, BC since the start of Covid.

I'm finally moving back to the San Diego area at the end of Dec 2022.

I need to get my 2G Talon there and need some advice from you guys.

My first option is to tow it on a trailer behind the uhaul I'm renting.

I've drove Cali plenty of times in a car but have never done it in a truck while towing a trailer. I've never even towed a trailer before.

Driving a truck is not what's troubling me, I have no problem with that at all. What I'm not very comfortable with is towing the trailer with my beloved Talon on it.

I figure I can do it if I just take my time and be sensible however, I'm just a bit worried about navigating possible tight corners in gas stations and what not..or god forbid...having to reverse and jack knifing LOL.

I looked into having it shipped but some of them are asking like 4k and up.

On the other hand, if I add the trailer to my uhaul rental, it's only an additional $225.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I've towed lots of my cars behind my truck, it's not a big deal.

1.Pick gas stations you can pull through
2.Cover all or atleast the front end from rocks being kicked up from the tow vehicle.
3. Strap in all 4 corners and re-tension straps in a short distance.

Uhaul trailers also suck to use as they have a lip that curls in on the inside, if your car is lowered alot it can be a nightmare to deal with. I have some damage on my s13 to remind me of that fact.

Anything else just ask, it's pretty straightforward.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back