The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

need advice...please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.0notch

Probationary Member
Jul 15, 2002
FL
i recently got a 90' talon tsi turbo for my birthday from my g/f's dad. the engine and turbo are both shot. He is a very cool guy and wants to help me work on the car and is allowing me to leave it at his house until we get it running. The thing is he went out and bought me a 1g n/t engine and says that we can put it in for now just to get it running. he says we can make it a n/a car for now just so we can get it working. i don't want to be ungratefull for his gift how hard would it be to set it up for turbo. I of course have the turbo head, oil pan, oil lines, manifolds, and oil squirters so is there any way i could just get new pistons and bolt everything up? Please help.

Not worth it. The n/t 4G63 has different pistons, c/r ratio, etc. I found my 6 bolt motor for $600 basically brand new, it wouldnt be hard to find one for around that price.

and the weaker pistons/bad cr will all be changed with new forged 8:1 pistons. i just need to know is it will work with everything else

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back