The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He just got pretty rude with me. I asked him if he had receipts for the transmission, who did the engine rebuild, if it was state inspected, and a few other things and he told em forget it...he was gonna stay firm at 5K which I know he won't get...not around here at least.

Oh yeah, and I asked about his claim of 11.5 at 127 and he said it happened, but he doesn't have a slip. Track didn't give it to him. Something doesn't sound right now........

I can't say I really blame the guy. He probably has well over what he is asking for the car invested in it. As far as the track times go, I have been racing and had a printer jam or other error and not been given a slip. Not having a slip does not mean it did not happen.

Dsm owners annoy me when they bi*** and moan about the price of something when in reality they are getting a deal when someone has spent alot of money in their car but everyone wants to low ball them. Call me stupid if you want and say I would never get it if I did try to sell my car but I would not let mine go for any less than 10k.

Come on now a bone stock car for 3k and people are bitching about 4.5k for a car that is not bone stock. Go figureWTF.

I can't say I really blame the guy. He probably has well over what he is asking for the car invested in it. As far as the track times go, I have been racing and had a printer jam or other error and not been given a slip. Not having a slip does not mean it did not happen.

Dsm owners annoy me when they bi*** and moan about the price of something when in reality they are getting a deal when someone has spent alot of money in their car but everyone wants to low ball them. Call me stupid if you want and say I would never get it if I did try to sell my car but I would not let mine go for any less than 10k.

Come on now a bone stock car for 3k and people are bitching about 4.5k for a car that is not bone stock. Go figureWTF.

I didn't make an offer on it. I asked if he had receipts and proof that the tranny was new and engine was rebuilt. I asked if it was inspected. All LEGITIMATE questions, at least to me. I asked also what town he was in exactly because I wanted to come by and he snapped.

Guy has been more than willing to chat for sometime now until I asked these questions. Plus whatever value someone has for something does not mean it has the same market value unless you find the right person looking to buy it.

I dont think I'd waste the money for a 1G. A lot of people like them but me personally would stick with a 2G. You can search on craigslist and find built 2Gs for less than $4000. I paid $450 for my 96 TSI AWD and now I'm using that extra money to build a 2.3L stroker HO engine. *hears the fiddle*

the 420a was not built for boost....yes he has built it up but i have heard numorus horror stories about them blowing up even after a build.....as far as payments....its not a smart idea to make payments on a highly modified car becasue if it does break your not gonna wanna pay anymore ect.

Wow, $400 a month for a "built" 420 plus budgeting for a rebuild on another car? What if something goes wrong with your daily working/daily not working driver? Oh yeah, it's a DSM, what could go wrong?

id much rather have an AWD but this seems like to good a deal my cousin has had a 99 gs mtx in great condition with a good decent system runs strong no rust dents cracks or scratches except where the front has scraped the ground. Iv wanted it from her for the longest time and she just bought a new altima and was going to trade it in on the altima but the only wanted to give her 2000 so she said I could get it if I wanted but being fam she's letting me get it for 1800. The only problems is the mileage 144000 and the power steering went up but the have what's needed to fix it I just have to put it in. Just thought Id here your .02 on if its $1800 good?

Ask them if the Check engine light comes on for 5 sec when the key is turned to the ON position not start. If not it signals the ECU is not booting

Could also be MPI fuse MPI relay. To hard to tell from the ad but it could be a list of things

Lady said her mechanic needs a new "fuel chip" so I'm guessing fried fuel chip in the ECU. I was planning on buying a 1g ECU along with some plugs and see if I couldn't get that sucker running. $1000 pretty good if all it needs is an ECU. Also what size fuse is the MPI fuse?

Yes 1000 is extremly good if all it needs is an ECU. But somtimes that covers up other things rod knock blown motor. Do a compression check on all cylinders before you buy it. Also inspect oil for metal flakes. The MPI fuse is located on the positive cable at the battery you can remove the black cover and see if it is blown. To hard to figure out what is wrong with the car since you dont have it.

Looks like a really good deal. If it is true what they say about the description then my first array of guesses would be an MPI fuse failure, ECU or fuel pump failure. Check it out, give it a few cranks to make sure no unusual engine noises happen etc.. and Go for it if everything looks good! :thumb:

Yeah older couple early 40's I believe. I think on Monday I'll head up there if I can find a ECU locally. It will be my drag car eventually so if the motor is bad it can be my winter build =D been looking for an excuse to spend money.

okay is a 99 GST with no engine but has a tranny and wiring harness and interior and rims and everything except the engine for 500 but i think i can talk him down to 400 i hope

i mean is it worth it

i am thinking about getting it and i am going to sell my car and maybe get it if is worth it

i am really worried to see if it is worth it

thanks he said it has a crack in the front bumper but it comes with another front bumper and i just got the money because i helped this guy find his stolen GST and he found it for me he gave me the reward of 1000 but i gave 500 back finding his car wasnt worth 1000 i say

and my day started out shitty but now it has gotten better since i found that GST

Well, your a great friend for helping him find his stolen car. :thumb: If everything is in good shape and the interior is in decent shape, I say it is a great deal. Especially for a 99'. Long shot but any pictures of it?

:dsm:

not yet you might have to wait til october to get those

thats when we go get it but thanks i will do anything for anybody just ask

i saw his ad on craigslist and i saw the car in town and i called him that minute

he said he was in shock

okay is a 99 GST with no engine but has a tranny and wiring harness and interior and rims and everything except the engine for 500 but i think i can talk him down to 400 i hope

i mean is it worth it

i am thinking about getting it and i am going to sell my car and maybe get it if is worth it

i am really worried to see if it is worth it

Done deal worth it. Just find a block to swap in there and fix that bumper. Hell of a find too. Good job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back