The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

need advice on new dsm - Please Read

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznlangjai69

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2003
vancouver, B.C._Canada
Okay, someone is selling a 97 GS-T with 42,000miles, auto, cloth interior, 18inches, gsx spoiler, power everything, slightly modded, like strut bars, tokico shocks, underbody sway bar for $12,000CDN.

The thing is, it has been overheated before and now has been repaired. It has also been in an accident that caused the airbag to pop. Now I don't know how much the damage was so I need your guys' opinions.

$12,000???

thats too much....but you are in canada so from my understanding eclipses are a lot more expensive up there. the air bag is pretty expensive to fix...im gonna guess $1000. if it was overheated then there is a chance they could have warped the head or fried a piston ring. Go check the car out, im not a fan of auto trannies but if thats what u want then its kewl.

Go check it out, get a compression test done and see how it turns out. if you dont feel comfortable buying it, then maybe take it to a reputable mechanic around you and have them inspect the whole car.

if the accident was bad then frame damage is possible and thats not a good thing at all...check www.carfax.com and throw in the vin number and pay 12 bux and see what comes up if ur serious about buying it or just take the mechanics word.

good luck

tim

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back