The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Need advice on fuel pump.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubz91talontsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 30, 2007
bentleyville, Pennsylvania
Ok, so i have dsmlink on the way a long with a 30r. I have a walbro 255 installed. I want to make 500fwhp. 3076 at 25ish psi on e85. I plan on running 1000cc injectors also. Just need some guidance. Is that going to be enough fuel. How much can a 255 push on e85. Will those 1000cc injectors max out before 25psi?

Thanks

I had this thread I started that never went anywhere with a 50mm denso pump the LS Vette guys use that is a direct drop in for 1gs.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/329041-found-fuel-pump-check-out.html

I found one of these on ebay for $40 brand new. I should be installing it next week along with some bigger injectors, afpr and switching to e85, so i currently have no personal results at the moment. But if it flows what its supposed to it shouldn't be a problem.

You would be cutting it very close, if possible on the 255lph. You may want add a secondary external or go with a dual 255 setup as other options

Running 2 pumps inline will not promote high volume, only high press. You may need to run 2 wally 255's in parellel just to be safe. Maybe do the fuel rail sending kit too.

With E85 the best set up is dual bosch 044s. You need a shit ton of fuel support running E85. Or you can get the fully blown dual in tank pump set up with dual 255s with -8 line going to the rail as well. Eather set up I would run a -8 feed line.
Also the injectors to get with E85 is the FIC blue max 1650s.

Here's all you need to do to make the power you want...

ADD A BOSCH 044 IN LINE, replace your craptastic OEM fuel filter with a high flow in line AN unit (like trickflow or fuel lab), and get 1600+cc injectors. Yes, 1000cc injectors will run out of fuel before you can make 500hp on e85.

You do not need more than -6 feed / return.

and done.

Running 2 pumps inline will not promote high volume, only high press. You may need to run 2 wally 255's in parellel just to be safe. Maybe do the fuel rail sending kit too.

This is incorrect. 2 pumps in series will not promote as high of volume as 2 pumps in parallel but its still higher volume.

You will need larger than 1000cc injectors in order to run a 30r at high boost on E85.

I would drop in a Bosch 044 intank, or run a new fuel system and run your 255 feeding an 044 or another 255 inline, or run 2 255's intank. Add a high flow filter w/out the stock restricting feed line off the filter and you're set.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back