The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need advice on ebay external wastegate o2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmshae90

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2010
Santa Maria, California
So me and my husband are looking to run an external gate on the Talon because it is getting horrible boost creep and I'm wondering if anyone has used the Ebay external wastegate o2 housings and if they work well. The car has a 14b with a 16g 7cm housing, ported EvoIII manifold, and ported 2g o2 housing. Any info would be appreciated :)

Just a little worried about fitment etc

Also wondering if anyone has ran a Ebay external wastegate and how well they work.

I'm always suspicious of ebay parts due to the random sellers. I believe you get what you pay for and if it's on your car you definitely want to get a quality product. In theory it would work though if you didn't have the money for better. Maybe the one from Punishment Racing because it seems to much better quality and not that much more than Ebay at 99 dollars. . You tested your car for boost leaks yet? Hope you figure your boost issue out.:thumb:

I'm always suspicious of ebay parts due to the random sellers. I believe you get what you pay for and if it's on your car you definitely want to get a quality product. In theory it would work though if you didn't have the money for better. Maybe the one from Punishment Racing because it seems to much better quality and not that much more than Ebay at 99 dollars. . You tested your car for boost leaks yet? Hope you figure your boost issue out.:thumb:

The car has been checked for boost leaks, the turbo will hold 15psi till about 5k then spike to 19+ and hit fuel cut. It is rather annoying.. The actuator, flapper, and arm have all been checked as well.

I can recall here lately in the classified ads that a fellow DSM'er was selling an EBay EWG. I sent a few PMs and he claims that it held rather nicely. I don't remember how much boost he was running though. When you do decide to run the EWG, don't forget to get that flapper welded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back