The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

need advice on automatic transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueLaser

Probationary Member
Aug 3, 2002
Louisiana_Missouri
i have a 92 plymouth laser with an automatic transmission non turbo or awd. i heard that when i race i should go through all the gears from 1st to 3rd manualy. would this hurt my transmission at all?

No it wont. But it wont help you either. Manual shifting like that helps to an extent, but not excelleration. If you had a non computer controlled car(like an old camaro,nova or mustang), yeah it would help.
But on the flip side IF you modify your stock auto, you might be able to get a few .10's off of the 1/4. But with your perticular car it wont matter. Just put it in drive & go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back