The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need advice from you guys with my DSM situation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLeMMeR

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2011
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Hey guys so I'm in a little situation, today my Turbo seized up and I was actually in the middle of selling my car, I'm looking to just cut my losses and figure out what to do as I'm list and don't have much money. I paid 1900$ for my car when I bought it. I put 500$ into my car so I was selling it for 2400 or best offer.

1. How much will a decent 14b turbo cost me, and will I need it tuned after I buy one or I'm assuming the boost wastegate should have it as stock boost therefore no tuning involved. (I'm currently running a Big 16g Turbo..well was..)
OR
2. Someone wants to buy my shell for 1000$ and then the motor is free for me to sell. How much could I get for a Stock 6bolt block with a seized turbo? I find them being sold for 1500$ full block setup so I'm assuming I can get at Least one grand hopefully
Would it be cheaper to go route 1 or 2, any help is appreciated or any cost projections just trying to cut my losses and move along, as I would love to stay in the DSM scene but I'm just trying to get by now as in Carless, get some advice from fellow DSM owners with wisdom in my situation, thanks guys

Hey guys so I'm in a little situation, today my Turbo seized up and I was actually in the middle of selling my car, I'm looking to just cut my losses and figure out what to do as I'm list and don't have much money. I paid 1900$ for my car when I bought it. I put 500$ into my car so I was selling it for 2400 or best offer.

1. How much will a decent 14b turbo cost me, and will I need it tuned after I buy one or I'm assuming the boost seloniod should have it as stock boost therefore no tuning involved.
OR
2. Someone wants to buy my shell for 1000$ and then the motor is free for me to sell. How much could I get for a Stock 6bolt block with a seized turbo? I find them being sold for 1500$ full block setup so I'm assuming I can get at Least one grand hopefully
Would it be cheaper to go route 1 or 2, any help is appreciated or any cost projections just trying to cut my losses and move along, as I would love to stay in the DSM scene but I'm just trying to get by now as in Carless, get some advice from fellow DSM owners with wisdom in my situation, thanks guys

your can get a decent 14b for like a hundred bucks now, go to the dsm classifieds. I wouldnt go route two since your will probably only get about 600 to 800 for your long block including your transmission. Your car will be as the stock wastegate boost when you put the new 14b in unless you have a boost controller but since your selling i would not do that. So i would stick with option one and put another 100 into buying a new turbo put it in yourself and then sell it for how much you want to

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back