The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Need advice from veterans Turbo AWD swap Euro 2gNT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vodkalover42069

Probationary Member
Sep 25, 2022
Plzeň, Europe
Hello everyone I need some advice from veteran DSM owners. Some background I own a 2g Eclipse with an NA 4G63, however I want an AWD Eclipse. The issue here is that I live in Europe and a GSX is really hard to come by here and it's usually also like in the US really beatup. I've been wanting to swap my Eclipse to a turbo AWD however I don't know if it's worth the investment? I really don't have the time or money to fly to the US to find a decent GSX and then ship it to the EU. And on the other hand I've seen people AWD swapping their 2G Eclipses and they said it took them a couple of thousand dollars to do so.

Its not discussed here much, but for the most part its no benefit to all wheel drive swapping a car unless that car is already extremely modified.

What does that mean, in stock form the gst is faster than the gsx in the quarter mile.

Youre starting below the ground floor with your n/a 4g63. The path that makes the most sense is to maximize your options for now, but keep an eye open for your dream car to become available as your move foreward with your current car. This may mean eventually some one local to your will have gotten in an accident in their gsx, and you buy that car for parts, or you find a gsx with a blown motor and transfer your setup to that gsx.

If you are patient you will find that eventually you will get what you want.

If you just want to have all wheel drive to say that you have it, then you may as well be driving a base model subaru. Enjoy what you have, your car is already a classic and collectable.

The rear end from a 8G Galant/Legnum VR4 can be a partial donor. Since you’re in EU, you can probably source 8G VR4 parts easier than a 2G GSX. I have a 2G AWD gas tank but the VR4 tank should fit with a few modifications. I’m probably a little over $1k USD into the swap (Rear end, gas tank, fuel setup)

I’m still figuring out the Transmission and transfer case situation with the S-AYC diff but it’s probably gonna be swapped out for something more compatible

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back