The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need a new daily driver but witch one???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Gen_maniac

Probationary Member
May 10, 2003
MinnesotaUS
Well since my 99 eclipse gsx didn't work too well as a daily driver for me. (fired from work for absences and lateness due to car failer :cry: ) i decided to get me a new car as daily driver now i'm thinking of a used 86 corrola trueno, 92 toyota tercel, 91 geo metro, and possibly others. i will keep my killer eclipse as a project and will be getting a more realiable car but witch one??? help me choose since dont know much about they other cars.

If you're gonna get a DD...don;t get something that old because it probably fail just as much as your DSM.

i used to have a 85 camry and that car never let me down. whether it was -10 or 100 degrees outside it always started and the only thing i had to replace in the 5 years i had it was a rusted out exuast and a head gasket. grand total of 500 dollars worth of maintance on a 1200 dollar car.

Old toyotas are teh w()()T. Ide find a honda though IMO. if you have any engine and\or tranny problems. you can swap motors for ass cheep. and sell it to some ricer and maybe make some cheese.

If you're gonna get a DD...don;t get something that old because it probably fail just as much as your DSM.

unless your a mechanic. i got a 92 ford ranger pickup with 85kmiles, brand new catback exhaust (stock obviously), brand new clutch, brand new tires. bought her for 1,200. o yea and also when things go wrong, i get parts at cost buy using my shops discount. :thumb:

I have a 92 toyota tecel DX , It was going fine 4 months ago but now it leaks oil like crap (1 pint every time I gas ). the tires are like 2 inch wide and the ride is ruff . i'll have to do a tune up and change the rear shocks and fix the exhaust ( needs a gasket ) I have changed the starter solenoid and put VW rims & tires but nothing else . They're great reliable toaters but don't try to pass anything that's faster then a golf cart without being embarassed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back