The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need A Local DSM Mechanic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g2fast

Proven Member
Nov 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hello, I live in Bristol WI Right on the border or IL and WI, My car is having some issues and i need it to be looked at by a professional DSMer List of problems,

Doesn't pass emissions because i need DSM link.
The Cyclone Turbo intercooler needs to be hooked up or actuated correctly for everything to run right.l
Transmission issues The car is an automatic 1997 GST.

Thats the Main issues i need help with, my number is 847-687-2090 call or text Just want someone to come take a look at it and it would be nice if you could tell me what all i need to fix and maybe an Estimate?

I already went to Boostin Performance they told me $6,000 in total and then they told me it would cost me $3000 to get the trans rebuilt which you can buy brand new for 2100.

Last edited:
Look up Devo 2ning in Lake Barrington I think is where they are located. Ask for Chris. Tell them I sent you.

I ended up taking the car to R&D. Boostin Performance is expensive and there not really into Eclipse/talon's anymore there into Evo's.. And they cost a Fortune.

Boostin is still very much into DSM's. I mean Devin is a dsm'r and happens to have the fastest 2g dsm ever. They are just not into working on other people's junk.

They are just not into working on other people's junk.

Not many reputable shops are.

Doesn't pass emissions because i need DSM link.
The Cyclone Turbo intercooler needs to be hooked up or actuated correctly for everything to run right.l
Transmission issues The car is an automatic 1997 GST.

That doesn't sound like a simple cut and dry fix for you. I can't lie. If I were in the dsm business I would want to steer clear of what sounds like opening a can of worms with your car.:| I would either ignore you, or quote you very high to discourage you from doing business with me, or make the quote high enough to cover all the lost time of sorting out your messes.

Good luck nonetheless! :) Hopefully someone local can help get you pointed in the right direction.

The car came to me with all the emissions related stuff deleted and a few things like the cyclone butterflies not hooked up. After link is installed and tuned emissions will no longer be a problem. Other main issue with the car is a slipping auto trans. The previous owner did not use a Kiggly spacer when he installed the 6-bolt so the pump is probably shot in the trans. All very easy stuff to deal with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back