The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need a DSMlink tuner for 1g talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreepykreepz

Probationary Member
Jun 18, 2022
Abilene, Texas
I just picked up my new 94 talon in Phoenix and the guy who I bought it from was supposed to tune it but had an emergency and can't. I am headed back to Abilene TX on Thursday, 06-23 so I'm looking for a really good tuner near Phoenix who could awd tune ASAP or in Abilene when I get back. Car will make around 600awhp with a proper tune. Let me know if build list is needed. Thanks fellas 🤘

I wouldn't recommend anyone in the AZ area for dsm tuning. Are you planning to drive the car back?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just picked up my new 94 talon in Phoenix and the guy who I bought it from was supposed to tune it but had an emergency and can't. I am headed back to Abilene TX on Thursday, 06-23 so I'm looking for a really good tuner near Phoenix who could awd tune ASAP or in Abilene when I get back. Car will make around 600awhp with a proper tune. Let me know if build list is needed. Thanks fellas 🤘
If you just bought the car and are trying to get it back home (Abilene) then I don't recommend that you ask someone to WOT tune it in our summer heat right before your 800 mile drive, especially on a car you have no idea the condition of and may not be ready for a WOT tune. If the car idles and is drivable, I recommend pampering it on the freeway and get it home in one piece and then worry about making power with a tune.

From the looks of it, you're new to the DSM platform so I hope you bought a good build and not just a build sheet and some wild claim about WHP if it's tuned properly. Do you know if it's setup for speed density or still on the MAF?

I've been in automotive for a few years now but definitely new to DSM and anything with this level of build. It is being trailered back to Abilene, wether it's tuned or not, but figured there would be much better tuners in a big city than where I am in Abilene. It runs and drives but loads up with fuel every time it starts to build boost. This is my first true project car and plan on going through it completely, but wanted to at least get it drivable in the meantime 🤷‍♂️

I see, glad to hear it's not something you had planned on road tripping back. Like Tyeler said, we have zero shop owners that tune in the Phoenix area that I would trust to tune ECMLink. Most DSMer's anymore either tune their own setup (ECMLink has very good forum support/help pages) or rely on remote tuners with the exception of one or two shops in the country.

Since it's not an emergency to get it drivable (I was going to offer help to give you a quick idle/cruise tune if necessary), I'd get the car back home and go through it completely first. Loading up with fuel going into boost doesn't necessarily mean it's a tuning problem, it could be a boost leak for example. Having someone tune your car is expensive ($200+) so you want to make sure the car's mechanically sound (don't take someone's word for it) before you ask someone to tune it or else they could just be masking issues with the setup and you'd waste your money on the tune. I've linked a remote tuner's checklist that cover's all the bases for you to go over before you get the car tuned. SST Pre-Tune Checklist

Welcome to the DSM community.

Are you tuning link cars still? Haven't seen you around!
Haha, I was just playing. I still help with tunes when I can but there are too many setups out there that are falling apart or the owners have suspended licenses/no registration, etc. so I've only been doing remote tunes so I don't have to ride along.

Congrats on the little one btw! Excited for you and Valerie.

I see, glad to hear it's not something you had planned on road tripping back. Like Tyeler said, we have zero shop owners that tune in the Phoenix area that I would trust to tune ECMLink. Most DSMer's anymore either tune their own setup (ECMLink has very good forum support/help pages) or rely on remote tuners with the exception of one or two shops in the country.

Since it's not an emergency to get it drivable (I was going to offer help to give you a quick idle/cruise tune if necessary), I'd get the car back home and go through it completely first. Loading up with fuel going into boost doesn't necessarily mean it's a tuning problem, it could be a boost leak for example. Having someone tune your car is expensive ($200+) so you want to make sure the car's mechanically sound (don't take someone's word for it) before you ask someone to tune it or else they could just be masking issues with the setup and you'd waste your money on the tune. I've linked a remote tuner's checklist that cover's all the bases for you to go over before you get the car tuned. SST Pre-Tune Checklist

Welcome to the DSM community.
Awesome. Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated

People I've worked with that I'd recommend are in no particular order:
Kevin Jewer, Kenny Kline and Jeff Evans of Evans Performance Academy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back