The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

need a dsm shop/mechanic in colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsu10j

Probationary Member
Feb 26, 2005
aurora, Colorado
Hey all I need help. I recently had a clutch changed by a mechanic I know but after he got it put back together there is a grinding/scraping noise coming from the car that goes away after I push the clutch in and comes back when I let off of the clutch. The guy I used doesn't know what it is or how to fix it so I need someone that knows about DSMs to look at it. I have a 1990 GST. I live in the Aurora area of CO and am willing to go just about anywhere in the denver area. Thanks

Sounds as if the clutch is dragging or you may have crank play. He is not local, he is in colorado springs. His Name is Jack McGee. 719-243-5305.

I wold help you, but I am so burnt out right now. Just did a clutch job, motor rebuild, balance shaft removal, 2 tranny pulls, and 2 turbo swaps. All in the past three weeks. So I am done for a little bit.

Try rmdsm.org. That is our local dsm board. We are very informative and helpful.

Steve

Roast Beef on this forum does a bunch of work on a lot of the DSM's on this forum that are in CO. He enjoy's changing clutch's.
His AIM screen name is: Roast Beef 26

Sounds as if the clutch is dragging or you may have crank play. He is not local, he is in colorado springs. His Name is Jack McGee. 719-243-5305.

I wold help you, but I am so burnt out right now. Just did a clutch job, motor rebuild, balance shaft removal, 2 tranny pulls, and 2 turbo swaps. All in the past three weeks. So I am done for a little bit.

Try rmdsm.org. That is our local dsm board. We are very informative and helpful.

Steve

Is this still Jack McGee"s number?

Did your mechanic replace the throwout bearing, fork & fulcrum, check and adjust clutch pedal play, check both cylinders for leaks and bleed everything thoroughly? Almost sounds like the clutch isn't fully releasing, meaning it's not fully engaging and is therefore slipping/dragging. Or the TOB is old and seizing and not turning with the pressure plate.

But if you're not able or comfortable doing it yourself, yeah, you need a proper mech. I don't know if they have to be DSM experts although I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but they should be manual trans and clutch experts. I recently replace the clutch on mine and there's all sorts of things you need to do beyond the clutch swap.

Did your mechanic replace the throwout bearing, fork & fulcrum, check and adjust clutch pedal play, check both cylinders for leaks and bleed everything thoroughly?

Good advice but it's 16 years too late... :)

Good advice but it's 16 years too late... :)
I thought he said recently. Oh wait, he did...in 2005. I didn't realize that someone revived a dead thread. Many sites close comments after a certain point. I hope he figured things out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back