The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

need 02 sensor help fast on a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93ETGOCART

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2008
stotts city, Missouri
ok so ive got to replace my 02 sensor and ive got an extra laying around problem is ive got the little 1.8 engine and the spare i have is from a 2.0 the 1.8s only has a white and blue wire coming out of it where the 2.0 has the white and blue but also two black. my question is can i just splice the blue and white into my 1.8 connector and be good to go or will the not work?

ok so ive got to replace my 02 sensor and ive got an extra laying around problem is ive got the little 1.8 engine and the spare i have is from a 2.0 the 1.8s only has a white and blue wire coming out of it where the 2.0 has the white and blue but also two black. my question is can i just splice the blue and white into my 1.8 connector and be good to go or will the not work?
It won't work. The 4 wire O2 has a heater on the blacks which must be connected to a switched 12v. Even if you connected these I doubt the sensor part would respond the same.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back