The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Neebie Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep, how many miles is on that car?
Also a boost gauge, aem wideband, manual boost contoller are also great things to invest in, also ECM link is a must, its worth it.

If you have almost 120k replace the timming belt and replace the oil pump and water pump while your at it.

Also your starting out good dude :thumb:

Timing belt, oil punp and water pump are already done :)

I want lookes too. Thing eclipse bumpers and see if i can do a different wing and projectors. Gotta have looks

Thats exactly what i want. The GSX wing i think it is. I do not have the bumpers yet :(

I personally think talons look better than eclipses, it stands out more than the eclipse. I'm looking at buying Talon bumper and sideskirts due to me likeing them more than eclipses.

Maybe we can figure something out later down the road. I live in Fort Wayne, IN

I have one on hand but can only send it through email and like i said thanks again for your help and opinions.

Its going to be a big change going from a to a grand prix to this so im excited

Can anyone explain an oil catch can to me? and when it should be used?

Can anyone explain an oil catch can to me? and when it should be used?

To answer your question, and oil catch can ends up basically "replacing" the PCV valve with a literal can that collects the oil vapors that come out. A lot of people do the swap after their dipstick pops up when they start running higher boost and the crankcase sees a little extra pressure. I replaced the PCV valve and the dipstick, and I have yet to have this same issue, and I'm running 16~18 psi.

These guys are all offering some excellent advice on cool new toys for your cool new car. BUT, as a budget builder (just because I don't build expensive doesn't mean I don't do it right, mind you) I've learned that some things work just as well stock.

Turbo Timer:
Avoid being captain leadfoot for the last mile or so of your drive. If you stay off the boost, it'll cool the engine just the same.

Boost Guage:
The stock "boost guage" in these cars aren't boost guages at all, but is the MAF "guessing" how much boost. Get a real boost gauge, and make it get the boost line from your intake manifold.

Maintenance:
These cars are notorious for having spotty transmissions. You may want to do a bearing, synchro, and seal rebuild before you start getting into anything further, especially if you plan on punishing these cars. This will also give you a chance to check your 2g for the notorious crankwalk. If you don't know what that is, read up. Take some time to browse other forums, this forum, websites, and other such business for this car's "reputation." vfaq.com is a fantastic info database as well.

Accessories:
If nothing else, a datalogger. They'll help you pull error codes, monitor the engine's behavior, and check the engine's performance. I'd recommend getting a pocketlogger palm pilot with the cable from someone, and make sure that it has both MMCD and DSMlogger on it. Both do the same thing, but it's a lot easier to do certain things in each program.

Blindly leaping forward:
WATCH OUT! Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. Double check everything everyone says to make sure they're on the up and up.

Oh, and for the record... I have a 1g BOV on my car, it holds 20lb uncrushed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back