1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

NDD Motorsports subframes?

Posted by my98gsx, Oct 21, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. my98gsx

my98gsx Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2005
    Wappingers, New York
    I am in the market for a new rear subframe on my gsx. Mine is badly rusted, parts are hard to find, and the weight savings / adjustability are something I am very interested in. The most popular subframes currently are the volk and magnus subframes. Volk is backed up, which I understand - but I do not like that the frontline fab rear cover does not fit it. Magnus, although its a nice design I am personally not a fan of their company (i'll leave it at that). This leaves me with one more option... NDD Motorsports. I saw that they posted on the dsmtuners fb page and I began talking with them. Communication is great, parts look well made, and the price is reasonable - I however have never heard of them until last week. Has anyone had any dealings with them, and could you please let me know how you like / disliked their parts? I would like to place my order asap, so any information would be helpful. Thank you.

instagram.com/nddauto/

Street Build 1K  11

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    563 whp · 422 lb/ft · 2G DSM

1K  4

12.091 @ 114.490 · 2G DSM
  2. TeamFury

TeamFury Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2008
    Wakefield, Kansas
    I'm just going to give my opinion. I personally would go with volks. Red Demon runs his subframe and it has held everything they've thrown at it. Sell the diff cover put that money towards the subframe. Montgomery ran a OEM 4 bolt including the axles into the bottom 8's. Did he break a few yes but I'd just run the diff bearing caps and go for a quality rear subframe that's been proven. I'm not saying ndd is not a good subframe but there is zero information out that it holds it's own. In my eyes the rear diff cover is just a bandaid and if you're at the point of demolishing rear diffs you need to step up to a 3kgt then.

Drag Race Build 5K  1

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.26 @ 147 · 1G DSM
    TSiAWD666 likes this.
  3. my98gsx

my98gsx Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2005
    Wappingers, New York
    Teamfury - I have great respect for volk products and the great things he does for our community but there are other reasons why I'm semi against his subframe. The modification to the filler neck is another reason. I am looking for something more direct fit and magnus / ndd seem to be on par with that. I have been on volks order waiting list for a while and messages sent regarding my current wait time have gone unanswered. Again, if hes busy I totally get it (and I hope he is).

Street Build 1K  11

1K  4

TeamFury likes this.
  4. NWHTanK

NWHTanK Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2011
    Odessa, Missouri
    NDD can accommodate your needs not only with a 2g rear diff but also with a 3Kgt rear diff.

2K  7

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. my98gsx

my98gsx Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2005
    Wappingers, New York
    NWHTank - I saw that, do you have any experience with NDD though? I don't know much about their work. As for as their pics, their products seem very nicely made.

Street Build 1K  11

1K  4

6. NWHTanK

NWHTanK Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2011
    Odessa, Missouri
    I had planned to place a order next month. A friend of mine is having one made , currently.

2K  7

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. jpmxrider489

jpmxrider489 Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 4, 2010
    pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Something else that wasnt mentioned in the OP first post was the fuel tank. Volk can accommodate a stock tank but he recommends going with a fuel cell. I cant speak for magnus or NDD. I was just reminding that the tank is another factor that wasnt mentioned.

Street Build 364  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  8. NWHTanK

NWHTanK Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2011
    Odessa, Missouri
    NDD can accommodate the factory tank and filler.

2K  7

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. my98gsx

my98gsx Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2005
    Wappingers, New York
    I think I am going to give NDD a try, ill post pics and do a full install write up since I was unable to find any info on here about their products.

Street Build 1K  11

1K  4

10. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, UK, Europe
    A few points i wanna chip in with.

NDD is now part owned with Josh who made garrets subframe and arms and the one that had issues along with many others also so hopefully he had no input on this frame.

The mounting points on the arms are not height adjustable like pauls is so lowering the car means you cannot adjustt this via the frame so the setup is not going to be ideal but still usable. Dont know if any toe arms can mount in that small area thay allocated but seems like its going to be custom to them perhaps as a guess!

If it clears the fuel pipe thats good news. I made a fuel filler neck for someone who has pauls frame and i angled it up more to go over the frame. Its not ideal but if it has to be it has to be.

Other then those thoughts the frame looks pretty well supported being an NDD product vs the front frame designed by josh.

Road Race Build 11K  12  60

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    my98gsx likes this.