The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Named Your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bytz

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2009
Gatineau, QC_Canada
Sounds weird.. but anyone have a name for their DSM? LOL

If so, what is it and why?

I named mine Christine because I'm a bit of a movie buff and there's a movie of an old red car that kills people. It kind of reminds me of me and my Talon, but instead of killing people it kills my wallet.. :cry:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah, I named my car Talon. I know.... not very original.:ohdamn:

But I pronounce it TAL - LON.

I think I did it because there was this weird owner of a DSM shop that said it weird like that so I started saying it jokingly... Not as interesting as naming it after a killer car from a movie..

I have a bunch of names for my car like ####,bicth,####,slut,ass hole and so on.But I still love her and yes it is a her.

I call mine "Mitsy":D and everyone thinks im talking about some random chick for some reason hahaha... and I tell them its just my car, Mitsy you know Mitsubishi ROFL

Motherf%&ker. Or bi%&h.

My old car was the Ecli because the "p" had fallen off the back so it read Ecli SE.

This car is Tissy...because I like pronouncing acronyms (TSI)...nad because is sounds like pissy...which she can be

Mine is "Eclipse". It already had a name when I got it. You can't rename an old dog or it will get confused.

I'm currently on my 2nd & 3rd DSMs. The first one was my car for 15 years, and it never got a name. It was always just "the Eclipse". But DSM number the second is "Murderwagen". It came from the deepest darkest depths of Springfield, IL, with poorly murdered-out lights, a smashed-up rear 1/4 panel, and a rattle-canned metallic black paint job. It also had no muffler when I bought it. It's totally brutal. It's so metal.

DSM number the 3rd is pretty much an exact replacement of "the Eclipse". I've toyed with naming it "the Spook", or "the Spook from Spokane". It's like a ghost of the old car, which is why I bought it, and I flew out to Spokane to get it. I haven't really worked on it or driven it yet, so a name might come up, but it hasn't yet.

My car is called Kiara Snowshoe.

I write and draw on occasion, and the Eclipse reminds me of a rabbit character of mine. All black, nimble, and a bit of a personality. :p

The Talon is "Black Betty." Some broad also gave her the name "Bertha" at one point and sadly it caught on with some people, but "Black Betty" is official.

Also all the "negative" ones listed above.

My Grand Am is "Silver Bullet." Was my buddies car and he had named her that before I got it.

I named mine Caroline because "sweet caroline" was first song that came the radio as I drove away with her. I named my other DSM Georgia because that's where the transmission came from that I used to convert her from AT to MT.
Cars must be given a name IMO

I named mine kecia, sounds like a black name and my car is black, so yeah..

Atë

I'm a fan of Greek Mythology.

She was the Goddess of Evil and Misfortune and also the personification of Infatuation - "the rash foolishness of blind impulse, usually caused by guilt and leading to retribution. She was, (surprise surprise) the daughter of Eris and Zeus. She was a temptress, and lead humans toward evil. She actually trapped Zeus once, but he would have none of that, and threw her (literally) off Olympus. She has sisters, the Litai, who follow her around and clean up her messes.

and from another source

She was the spirit of delusion, infatuation, blind folly, rash action and reckless impulse who led men down the path to ruin.

Yep. My car in a nutshell.

As a matter of fact I do:
I used to have a beater baby blue integra as a dd. A couple of us jokingly started calling it "The Dolphin" or The Fin for short:)

So being that the Talon has more power, looks meaner and has the colors for it: It was coined "The Shark":rolleyes:

Sad thing is: I think the Fin could have beat the Shark when it was completely stock with 13b/auto:shhh:

Attachments

• 93acura.jpg
    93acura.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 191
As a matter of fact I do:
I used to have a beater baby blue integra as a dd. A couple of us jokingly started calling it "The Dolphin" or The Fin for short:)

So being that the Talon has more power, looks meaner and has the colors for it: It was coined "The Shark":rolleyes:

Fitting. :applause:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back