The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Name this sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dna66

Probationary Member
Apr 12, 2003
Anchorage, AlaskaUS
http://www.alaska.net/~dna666/rectest.mp3

Any ideas?

I have a 95 GSX Auto transmission.

I started getting this noise 700 miles after a rebuild. I have already replaced my lifters with the revised version and the noise did not go away.

I've been told that it's too loud to be a lifter and sounds almost catastrophic.

??? Thank You.

I haven't done that yet, but I have checked my oil and there has never been any gold in it other then the 1st oil change and about 50 miles.

I have about 3,000 miles on this engine with this noise.

Sounds like a lawnmower to me. Definitely drop the oil pan and check for play. New motor and all...that sucks. :thumbdown

Eagle_Summit said:
so there WAS gold in it at 50 miles? Well there ya go then.

Not chunks. Just a few sparkles. I was told this is normal after a rebuild?

No pieces of metal in the bottom of the pan? Sometimes they won't all come out with the oil if you did rip a bearing apart.

Defiant said:
I strongly disagree, and say whoever told you that is wrong.

That sounds like lifter noise. Severe.

Depending on where the sparkles are at, it's fairly common. If it's in the oil, it's bad, if its in the oil filter, it's normal. Now it shouldn't look like someone dropped a box of glitter in there, but yes, you should expect to see some metal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back