The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

NABR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I signed up there just so I could read a few nabr threads that people were telling me about. I did Everything I could: proper grammar, complete sentences, solid sentence structure, punctuation, content, and a plausible reason for why I should be accepted.

Denied.

I could care less about posting there, but there was some stuff on there that I would like to be able to readl They should set it up to where you can read the posts as a guest, but you have to sign up to be able to post.

I post questions like "How can I tell if my car is AWD?" all the time on NABR... fun stuff. :rolleyes:

defrag010 said:
I signed up there just so I could read a few nabr threads that people were telling me about. I did Everything I could: proper grammar, complete sentences, solid sentence structure, punctuation, content, and a plausible reason for why I should be accepted.

Denied.

I could care less about posting there, but there was some stuff on there that I would like to be able to readl They should set it up to where you can read the posts as a guest, but you have to sign up to be able to post.

That's exactly my point. I'm sure that if they have guys like Buschur, Shepherd, and Rau posting that there's a wealth of DSM and 4G63 information available on that board. But it doesn't mean shit if it's inaccessable to the rest of us.

To be honest alot of the posts there you guys wouldnt even need to look at. Most of those posts over there would belong in the advance section. There is no posts like "what is better" or crap like that.

But if you read through threads you find out that information, but it all stems from a much harder question or someone giving information. Nabr is for the people who know everything that is on tuners and talk and are making a 11second car. Or just know alot and want to help. Or test things out and say what worked what didnt.

There is nothing there to help a noob. And most problems can be found by searching this very forum Belive it or not. NABR is not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

NewB2dsm said:
To be honest alot of the posts there you guys wouldnt even need to look at.
I'd have to agree.

There are a lot of people online who go around reading information and can recite facts all day. Then there are those with experience that know how and why something works along with the ability to put those facts to good use. NABR strives for the latter.

As for the hidden message forums on here, that's a given for anyone who's worked with php bulletin boards and their admin panels. That's for the mods to make fun of us w/o our knowing. :p

boostedinaz said:
NABR doesnt mess around. If you dont spell or write correctly then they will give you the boot, no if and or buts, just gone. They also dont like stupid questions or newbie type questions so be careful and make sure you have a well thought out question before posting. If you think this is to much then I will advise you not to join. These are the big guns in the DSM world. Everything you want to do they did years ago so keep that in mind and be respectful. Try emailing the admin's and see what they have to say, but with the grammar you have already displayed I doubt they will accept you. Either way, good luck.
Couldent of said it better myself.

NewB2dsm said:
To be honest alot of the posts there you guys wouldnt even need to look at. Most of those posts over there would belong in the advance section. There is no posts like "what is better" or crap like that.

But if you read through threads you find out that information, but it all stems from a much harder question or someone giving information. Nabr is for the people who know everything that is on tuners and talk and are making a 11second car. Or just know alot and want to help. Or test things out and say what worked what didnt.

There is nothing there to help a noob. And most problems can be found by searching this very forum Belive it or not. NABR is not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.
but how do you know I wouldn't need to look at them? What If I'm doing research (Example) on holset turbos, and I want to see if anyone on nabr is running holset turbos?
I have a friend on nabr that will search for me, and he copies/pastes me the posts from the threads he finds for me, but that just doesn't cut it.

Sure there are people who recite facts they read, but those people are everywhere no matter what. If you deny people access to even just look at threads on nabr, then how are people going to learn?

Everyone is different, but I could care less about posting there... I just want to get on there to read and research some stuff. Trying to find out information about holset turbos being used on dsm's is kind of scarce here on dsmpooners.com. LOL

L2RTSiAWD said:
I had an account but hadn't used it in a while and I think they purge inactive accounts. I might sign up again if they will let me.

Inactive accounts as in dont post, or dont sign in? I am registered there and have been for over a year and have a whole 10 posts with because I find what I am looking for by searching. Their forums and their rules but it's a catch 22 situation for someone like me that just needs to search.

Yeah, I just got accepted into it and I'm hoping that I can get some questions answered on NABR. I dunno how you moderators do it. By "it," I'm referring to the same BOV, tire, engine, etc questions over and over again.

ADrewzki said:
Yeah, I just got accepted into it and I'm hoping that I can get some questions answered on NABR. I dunno how you moderators do it. By "it," I'm referring to the same BOV, tire, engine, etc questions over and over again.
Neither do we. I've recently been put in a..... oh, gotta go. I hear the nurse coming with more medicine...

Hm, I applied last week-ish and got accepted, no problems. I applied a couple years ago, though, and got rejected. Maybe it's because my occupation is Mechanical Engineer now :D

I figure it's about time I reply to this thread. To answer the question why some get denied while others are approved is actually easy. First off, we do not allow freemail accounts such as hotmail, yahoo, etc and STRICTLY forbid AOL accounts. If you have AOL, you are not ready for NABR. Those rules weed out most trolls who use those accounts to gain access to the board. You can thank those before you for screwing it for the future generation.
Secondly, ALL information that is required (i.e. actually read the registration rules) must be filled out. We won't waste our time emailing you to tell you to fill it out. Also, screen names like "M4dtYt3_yO" will be denied since we do not listen nor read moon language. If you cannot form a mature screen name nor follow directions, you are not ready for NABR.
Last, we recently opened up the private board to new members, per this thread states. However, with the current generation of 2F2F teens with their vented 2G's and wings, we have to carefully monitor not only registrations, but posts as well. You'll also notice that we've expanded to cover new forced induction platforms and even welcome the big block knowledgeable folks as well. NABR isn't only about elitist DSM technology. We're also aiming for the foremost knowledge base on forced induction PERIOD. Have a great weekend.

My problem is that I'm signed up to so many message boards I lose track of them all, and let my accounts rot. Looks like I got purged.

I enjoy the NABR forums for their technical knowledge and no BS policies.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back