The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

N/T Tach into GS-T/GS-X Cluster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorifto

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2005
Layton, Utah
A search yielded unclear answers to 2Gs, nothing in relation to 1Gs.

I imagine I'm not the only one contemplating this, there are a number of advantages with swapping a non-turbo tachometer:

-270-degree needle sweep
-stock boost gauge delete
-sleeper-status [Tell 'em it's a GS 1.8 :thumb:]

Now, the question nobody has seemed to ask, Will it work?

Figuring a tach signal is a tach signal, and a power and ground is supplied in the cluster, it should be a straight swap-out. Right?

If there are differences or issues regarding this, please chime in, I'd like to finally figure this out.

Just switch the entire cluster. It'd probably be easier.

That is a feasible option as well. I imagine with 1Gs, the dash wiring is the same between models, and the cluster would be no exception.

the cluster swaps out, just be carefull if you have a 1990 ..its different from the 1991 to 1994

Only differences are the speedometer settings on 90's and all other years, and of course the one wire for the boost guage. I kept the nt dash on mine as the swap wasn't worth the useless stock guage.

Awesome, thanks for the information guys, it's much appreciated.

Sweet. I shall give this a try. NA DSMs are dime-a-dozen at the boneyards here. I have a few light bulbs that need to replaced on mine anyway ...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back