The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G N/T heater core leaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidleyNoah

Proven Member
Jul 3, 2014
Redondo Beach, California
I've been having problems with my heater (blowing hot sometimes then warm other times) on my 420A. I thought maybe the heater core was partially blocked but today I noticed coolant drops on the inside under the left side of glove box. Does that mean a leaking heater core or is there something else in the same area that could be causing it? Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• Heater core.JPG
    Heater core.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 88
Yeah, figured it was. I'm assuming dash has to come out to replace it? Looks like I'll bypass it. Should I run a bypass hose from where it connects at the thermostat housing and run it to where it connects at the lower radiator hose? Also, should I take an air hose and blow all the excess coolant out of the two disconnected heater core pipes?

Last edited:
Okay, ran a bypass hose. Does this look correct? Sorry for the crappy pic.

Attachments

• Bypass hose.JPG
    Bypass hose.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 93
Since I have my heater core disconnected, I went ahead and did a back flush of the system. A bunch of crud came out. Since my leak is so minor, I'm thinking about adding Bars Liquid Aluminum and see if that stops the leak. Figure I've got nothing to lose. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back