The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

General N/T fuel and timing tables

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm-onster

DSM Wiseman
Jul 11, 2004
Bloxom, Virginia
Ive bummed around the web and in here. And I just can't find them. I hacked the n/t code given by the dsm-ecu yahoo group using PCMX and tunerpro and found that it SEAMS the lowest target a/f ratio is 11.1:1 is this true? I'm trying to avoid hours of different column and row combinations for different beginning bits. Does anyone have this cracked already?

It's data I think will be beneficial for a nice little n/t build I'm doing. . .

Which chip image are you working with? I have data from an e926 ECU I was working with a few years back for a guy running a 2.4L NT SOHC in his Mighty Max truck. But I doubt that's the one you're using.

I put a quickie Excel sheet together from that ECU here:

E926 MaxOct

If you can post up the image you're using, I'll gladly point you at the tables in it too. Or just send in e-mail:

[email protected]

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

THANX! I think those are the tables I'm looking for. I have the code from the eb20(code for the 1994 n/t 5speed). But I'm just looking at it for reference. I have a non eprom 1990 ecu.

I'm trying to guess if it would be worthwhile to even retune it, by looking at the fuel curve. I'm swapping in a 2.4L into my n/t car. I'm fairly certain that I'll need no more timing advance for power since a 2.0L timing map with the faster piston speed of a 2.4L would net an aggresive curve for a 2.4L. So it would come down how much leaner one could go with the fuel curve answhether or not it would be worthwhile. ????

So it looks like the fuel curved dips down to 10.74:1. I could gain something by leaning out more? I'm wanting to convert my n/t non-EPROM to an EPROM. Will your conversion do that?

So it would come down how much leaner one could go with the fuel curve and whether or not it would be worthwhile. ????
It's always worthwhile. :D

So it looks like the fuel curved dips down to 10.74:1.
On that 2.4L chip, yeah. Although, looking back in my notes, I can't confirm for sure that the E926 code base was from a 2.4L truck or not... You can't find much on those things. But I'm pretty sure, it came from a 2.4L N/T Might Max.

On your EB20 chip, the tables are like these:

EB20 timing and fuel

It's strange how they did the timing tables there, BTW. It's one large table and then a smaller table that gets used in place of a small section of that larger table. EDIT: Oh, I see why...that substitution is only done if it's an automatic transmission in drive.

The fuel table starts at 0xFC8E and is laid out as a 14x10 matrix.

The primary timing table starts at 0xFD85 and is laid out as a 17x10 matrix.

The substitution timing table starts at 0xFE2F and is laid out as a 7x6 matrix that gets substituted into the lower left hand corner of the primary table when running an automatic in drive.

I could gain something by leaning out more?
Looking at the fuel map and given just how quickly the A/F ratio goes rich, I'd have to guess there's some power left there.

I'm wanting to convert my n/t non-EPROM to an EPROM. Will your conversion do that?
No, not really. It could be made to work, but we really haven't done much with the NT stuff.

Thomas Dorris

I've been talking with member mysticJ and it seams that all 1994 n/t 2.0 ecus are eprom. I trust he knows what he's doing he's really been helping me out with the n/t build I'm doing. But just to confirm this is true.

Are all 1994 nt ecus eprom?

Are 1994 n/t cars rare? I thought n/t eprom ecus were rare.

Is the eb20 eprom the 1994 n/t ecu?

Thanx, Thomas. I wish you could convert my 1991 n/t ecu :( . . .

Has anyone done any work generating a Tunerpro xdf (definition file) or PCMX definition file of the eb20 bin? I'll be plugging away trying to hack it in the meantime.

As I see it, the e926 (2.4 mightymax) code presents more aggresive timing table than the eb20 code. . . right? The eb20 code has slightly leaner a/f ration 11.2 vs. 10.7. But I doubt that makes as much a difference as 2-3 degrees more timing. . . This is odd, because doesn't a motor with more stroke like less timing? The piston is moving faster. So firing the a/f mix later yields MBT. OR is the 2.4 mighymax at a different stroke length than the typical 100mm 2.4 we all are used to?

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have a bin file for the eb20 2.0 nt ECU? I'm needing the rev limit address and maf compensation. The e931 bin is different Thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back