The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Mystery plug help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonGST

Proven Member
Aug 24, 2016
Columbia, Missouri
Hey everyone, so I have a plug and am unsure where the thing goes. Just got my motor put back in(motor has been in and out a couple times) and I'm stumped. I have a 1g in a 2g so this very well may be an unused 2g plug but I like to know what things go to. I looked over the 2g engine harness article and this plug is not pictured . I've looked up various sensor plugs(cam, crank, etc) and none look like this one. It is at the end of the harness, after the injectors and coil pack plugs. Anyone happen to know what this plug is? Wire colors are Light green with black stripe and the other is red.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

if the wires are
(red)
(light green/black)

its for the evap.emissions purge solenoid valve

if they are
(green/orange)
(white/green)

its for the dual pressure switch (A/C)

I looked up the purge solenoid for my year and its not the same as this plug. I went through the 2g engine electrical connection article again and the evap purge is marked as number 27 but the plug is not the same as the plug I pictured. I know that article was based off a 99 gsx, mine is a 98 gst, could they have changed connectors? Thanks for the help I appreciate it! I just cant have connectors laying around that I don't at least understand where/what they're for :(

I did a little more research and came across an article where the guy had ordered a evap purge solenoid and its the one on the firewall but it was not what he needed, he mentioned another but you can't find it unless you search for the Evap emission vent solenoid. That plug does look like what I've got :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back