1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Mystery plug help

Posted by BrandonGST, Jan 17, 2021

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. BrandonGST

BrandonGST Proven Member

Joined Aug 24, 2016
    Columbia, Missouri
    Hey everyone, so I have a plug and am unsure where the thing goes. Just got my motor put back in(motor has been in and out a couple times) and I'm stumped. I have a 1g in a 2g so this very well may be an unused 2g plug but I like to know what things go to. I looked over the 2g engine harness article and this plug is not pictured . I've looked up various sensor plugs(cam, crank, etc) and none look like this one. It is at the end of the harness, after the injectors and coil pack plugs. Anyone happen to know what this plug is? Wire colors are Light green with black stripe and the other is red. IMG_0358[1].JPG IMG_0359[1].JPG

Street Build 638  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    if the wires are
    (red)
    (light green/black)

its for the evap.emissions purge solenoid valve

if they are
    (green/orange)
    (white/green)

its for the dual pressure switch (A/C)

C-note89ky and Kryndon like this.
  3. BrandonGST

BrandonGST Proven Member

Joined Aug 24, 2016
    Columbia, Missouri
    I looked up the purge solenoid for my year and its not the same as this plug. I went through the 2g engine electrical connection article again and the evap purge is marked as number 27 but the plug is not the same as the plug I pictured. I know that article was based off a 99 gsx, mine is a 98 gst, could they have changed connectors? Thanks for the help I appreciate it! I just cant have connectors laying around that I don't at least understand where/what they're for :(

Street Build 638  4

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. BrandonGST

BrandonGST Proven Member

Joined Aug 24, 2016
    Columbia, Missouri
    I did a little more research and came across an article where the guy had ordered a evap purge solenoid and its the one on the firewall but it was not what he needed, he mentioned another but you can't find it unless you search for the Evap emission vent solenoid. That plug does look like what I've got :hellyeah:

Street Build 638  4

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Lou98GSX

Lou98GSX Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2004
    Carmel, New York
    maybe the a/c compressor