The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

My tire situation..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipticalGS

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2008
walker, Michigan
Well, I am in a pretty good position to get some tires really cheap. My drafting job has been slowed down to 30hrs or less a week, so to keep myself busy I just got a job at a Belle Tire in my area.

My knowledge of tires is good, but I just cant decide which 'size' tire to get.

I have a set of 18x7.5 rims, and I am purchasing 4 BF g-force drag radials, or Nitto's DR's. Anyway, I want to know if Ill have problems running 265/35/18's on my car, I already know they'll be fine on the rim, Ive already put 285's on 8" wide rims.

So what do you guys thinks....I thought about using 245/40/18's but i hate how 40's look on 18's.

So im stuck on 255/35/18 which are 25.03" overall height, compared to the 25.46" stock on gsx's, or the 265/35/18's which are 25.3"...which is closest to stock height.

These rims are 40 offest so I may need a smalle spacer if i have any issues.

Let me know what I should get. They're lettin me buy them for cheap.

Well, I am in a pretty good position to get some tires really cheap. My drafting job has been slowed down to 30hrs or less a week, so to keep myself busy I just got a job at a Belle Tire in my area.

My knowledge of tires is good, but I just cant decide which 'size' tire to get.

I have a set of 18x7.5 rims, and I am purchasing 4 BF g-force drag radials, or Nitto's DR's. Anyway, I want to know if Ill have problems running 265/35/18's on my car, I already know they'll be fine on the rim, Ive already put 285's on 8" wide rims.

So what do you guys thinks....I thought about using 245/40/18's but i hate how 40's look on 18's.

So im stuck on 255/35/18 which are 25.03" overall height, compared to the 25.46" stock on gsx's, or the 265/35/18's which are 25.3"...which is closest to stock height.

These rims are 40 offest so I may need a smalle spacer if i have any issues.

Let me know what I should get. They're lettin me buy them for cheap.

Ok I really hope you never put 285's on an 8" rim, unless it was a drag radial and even then thats dangerously narrow for such a wide tire. 265-35 18 is too big for an 8-inch rim, minimum for this tire should be 9-inch especially if its a road race car. the 265 will bulge on the rim and make it handle sloppy. 255 should fit, but i believe with some fender flares a spacer and i would step to an 8.5 inch rim to help reinforce the sidewalls.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back