The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

my suspension set up what did i miss

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
so i have basically redone the car from the ground up and was wondering what I missed in my suspension setup

front end
energy suspension full bushing kit
solid motor mounts
1 piece cross member bar with front mm
new ball joints
new tie rod ends
1g koni yellows(ordered not in yet)
gc springs (ordered not in yet)
white line strut brace

mid
poly carrier bushings
dss driveshaft with upgraded yoke

rear
energy suspension kit
boostx poly subframe and mustache bushings
new ball joints
new tie rod ends
upper adj control arms
2G koni yellows converted for 1g(ordered not in yet)
gc springs (ordered not in yet)

car is only for strip and very rare street use. no auto x or road race

If you can, take pictures of the 2g rear Konis on the 1g. I'm getting ready for that same project.

In some of the write-ups I've read, they've recommended the RRE camber kit that allows for easier adjustments of the alignment. Something to maybe look into.

Looks like you well on your way to a nice track setup IMHO. I don't see anything wrong with what you've got going on there. Only thing to do now is take it to the track and see what happens. Good luck! :thumb:

i looked into the camber kit a little bit but havent really seen many threads about them. i think its more of a get it if you need it type of deal

If your car has a lot of salty/winter miles on it you may need front control arms as the pin that rides in the rear bushing tends to deteriorate badly.

the energy suspension components replace all the bushings.

the energy suspension components replace all the bushings.

Indeed but, it doesn't address the rust/deterioration of the metal pin where it rides in the bushing, they can get really badly eaten up. That particular bushing does not account for this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back