The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My Summit Minivan at 2021 Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRNDSM

May 16, 2002
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
I have been to many shootouts, starting with 1996, I only misses 3-4 years and that included last two years. But this year was especially special because after breaking my back in 2019, I wasn’t sure I will be able to attend again…

But I made it, brought my recently painted Summit, was able to race and actually placed 3rd in two classes! Needless to say, I was ecstatic!

Since I was with my youngest son, I decided to go ALL OUT! I did dyno competition at Buschur’s, competed in Max Effort and in Stock Appearing heads up class.

I wasn’t expecting to do great on the dyno, first pass was 380awdHP, which was pretty good for that dyno, on the second pass I split open my Magnus sheet metal intake…. Fortunately I was able to find a stock intake and swapped it in before the Autox in the morning.

Autox but pretty small (only 20 seconds!) but it was still fun. Half way through, my heard hissing from by rear DS tire, I had a hole in my tire! I suspect that picked up a nail earlier but popped out during Autox… Mike Vincent, 3000GT VR4 from RI, took me to his pit area and helped me to plug it up! After Autox I was in 3rd place and I was also 3rd in the 1/4 with 11.9 pass (I was down .4 sec due to stock intake). So that gave a 3rd overall place!!! Not bad for a minivan! :)

On Sunday I completed in Stock Appearing class, where I also ended up in 3rd place (though they only payed out 1st and 2nd :) )

The reception my Summit received over the weekend was pretty amazing! I heard it from other competitors, spectators and track officials :)

It really made my weekend! I can’t wait for the next Shootout! Some of those photo were forwarded to me, thank you!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dude that thing is friggin' awesome!!! Congrats on your accomplishments too. Filthy numbers you laid down. I've always loved how those Summits look and I'd love to do a stupid sleeper build on one myself. But good showing and thanks for sharing!!

Always love to see a minivan shocking the world, reminds me of those older dodge caravan turbos with the "wood" panels down the side!
You are closer than you know! ;)

My old friend Gus Mahon, was a pioneer of FWD Turbo Dodges! He had the original fast minivan, back in the mid 90’s! He ran 13.3 in his minivan, long before it was considered possible! It was his van that gave me an idea to build an AWD Mitsubishi version, because I was convinced that Mitsubishi will be faster!

I was years later that I realized that Mitsubishi made an OEM version 😂

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back