The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

My roller rockers came off! HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbrat

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2002
San_Antonio_TX
My car died on the road the other day when I was taking my kid to school. Everyone thinks that my timing may have slipped and/or the tensionor failed. Either way I have to remove the head to see what damage there is.

Today my buddy came over and were able to get started. We removed the valve cover and thats when we both noticed it. All the rockers on the exhaust side were completely detached! I have never seen or heard of such a thing before. Does anyone know what and why this happened? I appreciate and feedback.

TIA!

I have had this happen to me. Chances are you have bent some valves. Was your timing off after this incident?

BAD NEWS.....u most likely have bent exhaust valves..this just happened to me a couple of days, and yes all my intake valves were bent.Now Im in the process of waitting for my machined head to arrive....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back