The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

My Project Car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cophotoguy

Probationary Member
Aug 3, 2012
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Hi All,

I just purchased this ugly car, and am ready to make it my project car. Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tim, and this is my first car to mod. I am so very new to this, and have done A LOT of reading in the last few days. Give me your best advice, and let me know what you wish you would have known when you started your project. Below is a link to my ugly car, it's about to be painted silver.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm a sponge when it comes to learning.

Here are some larger images of my car.

Flickr: epicexposures' Photostream

Sell and get a Gsx. It's not worth the time to restore unless it's the top of the line model IMO. At least when done it would have an inherent value. You could get a 1g for not much more than you could sell that one.

Maintenance is key to all dsm's, from the 1.8 to the 2.0 turbo. Imo I like the flip flop paint. It makes it unique. Only thing I would do is stock body kit. Then do what you want to do and have fun with it.

Yeah this is a new thing for me, so I am more interested to learn mechanics and what not. I do want the stock bumper and body though. The current bumper is kinda weird looking. I want to make this a good daily driver that looks kinda sporty.

I do need a owners manual this car didn't come with one, so looking for it. Car is getting a new timing belt this weekend.

My best advice to you after over a decade of dealing with these cars is to continue reading. I've had many DSM's and done some very stupid things and spent ridiculous amounts of money on things that could all have been prevented with some knowledge. These car's respond well to TLC but without it fall apart. Like a few have said, do your major maintenance and give the car a thorough 'twice over' before spending money on anything performance enhancing. Research, read, read and read more before doing any upgrade. Make sure it is what you want, falls into your plan, and wont need to be replaced down the line.

Other than that the only piece of advice I can offer you is to enjoy the car like it was meant to be enjoyed. Good luck with everything. :thumb:

LOL your car looks like a teenage girls dreams with that said i want your interior now -.- i got a rolling 97 eclipse shell at my buddys and a 2 liter 4g63 motor in the lab down stairs that im workin on completely took it down to nothing and just cleaning everything up nice before i even start crackin at puttin it back together btw first build but gl with yours man

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back