The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

My project car, compound turbocharged (non dsm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo23

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2005
Shelbyville, Michigan
Thought I'd share some of my fab work with you guys, this is my 2.3l ford powered 87 thunderbird. All the work was done by me and my father. thought you guys would like it. heres some pics

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

those are just some of the "highlight" pics of the project so far. here is a link to the album in my photobucket.. theres over 100 pics and a couple vids from over the years.

That's sick. What's the car being built for?

street/strip set up.. should be pretty fun on the street!! can't wait, will be running mathonal also

damn paul.. treed' me!!

HAHA is this Tyler? Must be because that has to be the sickest 2.3 in michigan. That looks SICK man. I hope to see it soon. Whens the ETA?

That first turbo confuses me.. It looks like the exhaust from the engine goes into the exit of the hotside?? Can you link me to that hotside so I can figure it out LOL..

yeah its me.. whats going on john?? thanks for the comments guys!

That first turbo confuses me.. It looks like the exhaust from the engine goes into the exit of the hotside?? Can you link me to that hotside so I can figure it out LOL..

Are you looking at the HUGE a$$ wastegate? It kinda threw me off too until I looked twice.

Much respect to anyone building the good 'ole ford 2.3!! I still have a stock t3 flanged turbocoupe manifold hangin in my garage to remind me that one day i'm building a SICK SVO copy road race car :D Or at least putting the driveline in soemthing like n austin healy or something old and light :D

more pics, more specs please :D

EDIT: although i do have to wonder how the lag would be with that much header between head and turbo

when we designed the header, it was about compromise, we chose to have more length with gradual bends, rather then a shorter length with less than optimum bends and collectors... i've seen much longer header setups work perfectly, so for me, its really no concern. and yeah the 2.3l engine is old school, but they're fun to work on!! what do u wanna know about it?? I could go on all day with specs :)

this thing looks crazy... cant wait to see it run... we should race :)

Am I seeing this right? You have the BIG WG plumbed to feed the back turbo? Then using the internal WG of the back turbo to exhaust out to the open?

Or is there another external under the back turbo?

there is another gater under the t66, here is a better shot of it

Love the turboford platform. Head flows for sh!t. But the block is STOUT. And there's so much ROOM in the fox body to work on the motor. This project looks like something I dreamed of back when I still had my '85 1/2 TC. This is beautiful!!!! I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man!! yeah these heads are horrible!! this one is one of the best following stock valve dia. heads around.. and it only flow 225cfm @ .600 lift on the intake and 215 on the ext. @ .600... The best head flow ive seen is 250 @ .600 with oversized valves.. the esslinger heads flow well but they're 1500$ bare....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back