The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

My Other Baby's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that machine sounds preety cool and I can see why you would want something like that. Knowing whats going on before you even install is bang on..
DUI limiting module... is that a machine that hooks up and see how much you`ve had to drink so you don`t get a DUI

Yeah, ya gotta blow in it then it lets you start it.....
NOT. ROFL but it will save a motor. :thumb:

Brother Marty i am well aware of what a rev limiter is ...another .. my sick attempt at humor .. I was behind the build of a 383 stroker I found in a right up in a Chevy Performance magazine .. I had the ability to buy wholesale from Canadian High-Performance Discount in British Columbia CA ... I had a program called desk top dyno that was reasonably accurate . I could run the simulation and see if a bigger cam would do ( or not do ) before i purchased it.. The reason I say behind the build is because I know about the parts but I`m not a builder .. That`s your talent ...I`m an retired upholster and sometime comedian . Did I ever tell you the one about...oh never mind .... That`s a pretty healthy motor you got in that Camaro ... I`m sure you have the frame tied...and did you retain the torque bar from the rear end

Brother Marty i am well aware of what a rev limiter is ...another .. my sick attempt at humor .. I was behind the build of a 383 stroker I found in a right up in a Chevy Performance magazine .. I had the ability to buy wholesale from Canadian High-Performance Discount in British Columbia CA ... I had a program called desk top dyno that was reasonably accurate . I could run the simulation and see if a bigger cam would do ( or not do ) before i purchased it.. The reason I say behind the build is because I know about the parts but I`m not a builder .. That`s your talent ...I`m an retired upholster and sometime comedian . Did I ever tell you the one about...oh never mind .... That`s a pretty healthy motor you got in that Camaro ... I`m sure you have the frame tied...and did you retain the torque bar from the rear end
Yep Larry, we have subframe connectors, a driveshaft loop, Rear LCA relocators, aftermarket pan hard bar and Lower control arms. Mostly all of the good stuff to try and not twist the car up. For now we still have the stock torque arm but am looking at an adjustable one.
My sick attempt at humor was the breathalizer remark.....I need to get better!

Shakedown pass in the 400 Small Block Z28. Getting ready to take HER to the track since my DSMs are pooping on me and wasting almost a whole year!
I'd guess she was turning 7K as she went by. Should get her out the back door wothout OD.
Thanks for hanging in there with us!
Pops

Hey Larry, @Widgmaster , look at these CLEAR SMALL BLOCK VALVE COVERS!!!
Can you spot me the $290 so the 400 looks good? ROFL
I actual heard they are made by Classic Industries for SBCs and tested not to yellow, fade, harden etc. Saw them on Engine Power turboing a 408 stroker LS when they showed them.
I had never seen them ever before that. It might be worth buying to see the "bling".

Side note....... We had a car show "Cops and Rodders" today and we both did burnouts while the popo was there. Hehehehe
Marty :D

Screenshot_20211030-202122_Video Player.jpg

20211030_121745.jpg

20211030_121757.jpg

20211030_161717.jpg

That's a cool find, Marty. Your Cops and Rodders sounds like fun. A small town ( Harrow ) near Windsor, Ontario has a Smoke Show every year. They block off the main drag and do burn-outs till the tires pop. I saw a little Datsun Pickup shread the tires then they had to stop him because he was tearing up the road with his rims.
The Sarnia Street Cruisers had a Trunk or Treat at Canatara Park here in Sarnia Ontario. There had to be at least 1500 kids that came out to get candy. I was dressed up as Stuart Little with the mouse head I made. I saw a drone overhead, so they may have a video posted soon. When or if they do show a video, I will post it up for every one to see. All in all...it was the best turn out for kids I have ever seen .

That is so cool Larry. Stuart Little, that had to look really nice! Did you get to hand out treats or did you just dress up?
I don't have any "kid friendly" costumes but did win a contest with my Red Grim Reaper outfit by standing perfectly still for about 3 HOURS, until a younger girl thought she saw me breathe. I looked like some of the other decorations and was posted up right under a red light in a stair well that dozens of people passed by to use the bathroom at that party. It was fun!
My son, with the faded '86 Z-28, is wanting us to go to the track in 2 weeks so I will post up some video of the track time asap.

Still waiting for the Sarnia Street Cruisers to post the video of the Halloween Trunk or Treat.
Here is a video clip I made of Stuart Little talking to my best friend's grandkids. This video is when the pandemic first began.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D

Ok, TRACK DAY for the 3rd Gen Camaro Z28!!!!
Uneventful and even beat up on a LS Trans Am! :cool::thumb:
I will add this to our You Tube channel also. We also have in car video from the GoPro so it will be up over there too!
Check us out, we have fun! :)
Oh hell, here it is LOL.
Pops

Thanks for following!

Last edited:
Right off the trailer, as a shake down, the car went 13.50 @ 102mph. She leaves hard, we will work on getting her down to the 13.0x times and then go have some Saturday night fun for money at the track in the 13 second bracket that they run.
Thanks for following this Non-DSM related build. It is fun (and giving me more smiles ATM)!
Pops

20211107_181228.jpg

Yes sir, stock street tires. The only mod we did was take the air breather off. I really think if I swapped the dual plane manifold for a single plane and throw my 850 Holley on it, we would be right at that 13.00 mark which is a "magic" number if you race in that bracket.
Or.....we could get in the 14 second bracket and sandbag the shit out of her but you can't break out or your disqualified. :cool:
Overall, we were both SUPER happy, as the cars previous best was a 15.6 et so we gained over 2 seconds with 100 extra cubic inches in this 400.
I cooked steak for us both when we got home!
:thumb:
As for the light, we are all pretty dam good at cutting a good hole shot and he is no slouch (.16 is a dam good tree). They ran the tree down really quick when he staged the 2nd time, but when he punched the gas, the converter flashed right up to 2300 and sent her!

Last edited:
I think I mentioned I did a bit of bracket racing back in the day. My first log book was given to me by Donny Prudomme. They called me the Montego Madman. I shifted into second while doing a burnout, and held it there, still doing the burnout ... The crowd went wild. The announcer said "That guy's mad" and the name stuck. I even got a kiss on the cheek from Shirley Cha Cha Muldowney... That was in the seventies in Calgary, Alberta... Best of 12.9 1/4 ET Montego MX Brougham 429 SCJ.
They had this thing called a Jug Run. They would place items on the track donated by big named people like the ones I just mentioned, and the wives of us weekend racers would run down the track and stand by an item. You got to take it home with you. I almost got a Kieth Black engine. If my old lady jugs were not so big, maybe she could have run faster.:idontknow: ROFLROFLROFL

I think I mentioned I did a bit of bracket racing back in the day. My first log book was given to me by Donny Prudomme. They called me the Montego Madman. I shifted into second while doing a burnout, and held it there, still doing the burnout ... The crowd went wild. The announcer said "That guy's mad" and the name stuck. I even got a kiss on the cheek from Shirley Cha Cha Muldowney... That was in the seventies in Calgary, Alberta... Best of 12.9 1/4 ET Montego MX Brougham 429 SCJ.
They had this thing called a Jug Run. They would place items on the track donated by big named people like the ones I just mentioned, and the wives of us weekend racers would run down the track and stand by an item. You got to take it home with you. I almost got a Kieth Black engine. If my old lady jugs were not so big, maybe she could have run faster.:idontknow: ROFLROFLROFL
This has to be the most entertaining thing I've read on this forum in quite some time. Literally laughed out loud.

True story. I kid you not. Did I ever tell ya about the time I fell off a building and landed on my head and cracked open my peanut? After that, when I did something stupid, my dad would say "Go on back there and get your brain" He would ask me a question and if I didn't answer he'd say " Well" and I would say I'm thinking. He would say ' Don't hurt yourself ...
Ask Marty. We used to go to separate schools together.

Larry, If you wanted that KB engine you should have given the old lady a boost with a boot in the ass.
Quite a story loosing a dam fine engine to huge knockers, dam man! ROFL
Love your stories Larry! :)

Does your ex know Don Trump and/or Howard Stern?
ROFL

Good grief....jungle Pam? I'm feeling old that I know who that is. Loved it when those old drag racers had nicknames. Snake, mongoose, big daddy, bounty hunter....good old days.

I have met Don at Topeka way back in the day. I also got to see Shirley run there. I was young but had that gearhead mentality so the stuff they were doing was always so interesting to me. Garlets was so un-busy that he signed my hat and chatted with me, seeing that I was a young man interested in fast cars. Cool dude.
John Force is a very good guy to his fans too but his crew chief, at the time, Austin Coil is a complete ass and isn't a PR guy at all. I love the memories of all those guys/gals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back